Author Topic: Track information: Make "split multi-value tags into rows" field specific  (Read 2243 times)

Tybot

As of now, enabling this setting applies it to all of the 7 fields and I propose it'd be made possible to apply it to individual or all fields. Exactly the way "max. row span" is currently working.

I need this setting enabled to make one of my fields display correctly. However, when it's enabled it also makes the <artist> tag display not only the main artist but also the performers in their own row beneath the main artist, something I don't have any use for.

I could display the main artist using another tag, like <display artist>, but in doing so I lose the ability to link artist to library filter, another setting that I find very useful and would like to have enabled.

fabulario

I need this setting enabled to make one of my fields display correctly. However, when it's enabled it also makes the <artist> tag display not only the main artist but also the performers in their own row beneath the main artist, something I don't have any use for.
+1

Steven

• Administrator
i am not comitting either way as to whether this request will be implemented but one thing i have thought about for some time is no longer splitting <artist> into the individual artists/ performers when "split multi-value tags into rows" is enabled.
If you have the split option enabled, the field would be upgraded to <artists: artist> which would continue to split the field into the individual artists but if set the field to <artist> MB will show the display artist irrespective of whether the split option is enabled or not.
I am guessing that will suffice for the original request anyway

Tybot

i am not comitting either way as to whether this request will be implemented but one thing i have thought about for some time is no longer splitting <artist> into the individual artists/ performers when "split multi-value tags into rows" is enabled.
If you have the split option enabled, the field would be upgraded to <artists: artist> which would continue to split the field into the individual artists but if set the field to <artist> MB will show the display artist irrespective of whether the split option is enabled or not.

Is your suggestion easier to implement than mine, in terms of difficulty and time spent? What you're suggesting would certainly solve my specific problem, but my suggestion could avoid having it brought up again by someone else regarding another field other than artist.

fabulario

Now that we have a second Track Info Panel, for me is enough.