Author Topic: A true speed control module :'(  (Read 3136 times)

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
I've tried for so long to find a solution to this. I wish to slow down my music, sometimes to create a Vaporwave-type experience, sometimes for technical reasons. Yes, I know there is a tempo control. But that's not what I need. I wish to resample the audio, automatically changing not only its length, but also its pitch. This dsp plugin did wonders just for that in good ol' Winamp.

But it does not work in MusicBee, I tried it so many times over the past three years. What could be the solution? Adapt MusicBee to work with the plugin or make an integrated proper speed module in MusicBee?

As always, thank you for your patience with our wants and needs, Steven. I send you all my love.  :-*
MusicBee is a worthy successor to Winamp.  :D

boroda

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
I have contacted the plugin author, and he said that he can have a look at getting it work with Musicbee.

He went on to say: "My initial guess why PaceMaker crashes in MusicBee is that PaceMaker can return out more samples to the player than it gets in. That's necessary because when a plugin slows down the music tempo, then it must produce more output samples than gets in. This behavior is in a 'gray' area of Winamp dsp api and depending on the player implementation it may cause a buffer overrun. I can yet verify this theory, the crash might be due to something else as well."

Maybe Steven can lend him a hand ? His email address is [email protected]

:-*

Steven

• Administrator
Its known that the bass library (and hence musicbee) wont work with all winamp plugins for the reason you stated. The bass developer wont change that requirement

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
So what can be done to circumvent the problem? :D

sveakul

So what can be done to circumvent the problem? :D

As boroda74 suggested, I'm sure there is a VST plugin out there that will provide the same effect.  Of course you will need to get the mb_vst host plugin first from the Add-Ons section.

5 minutes of searching:

http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Pitch

https://www.looperman.com/free-music-software/tags/best-free-vst-au-pitch-shifter-plugins-instruments-software-pc-mac-linux

http://aegeanmusic.com/pitchproof-Specs
Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:04:34 PM by sveakul

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
Those are all pitch shifters. I am looking for the resample effect (stretch + pitch at the same time)

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
So nothing can be done? :( I find it hard to believe.  :(