Author Topic: Jukebox view  (Read 51951 times)

beatlesdave270

As a convenient way to view and play your hits/singles:

+1
Brilliant design.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Feel free yourself, Freddy Barker  ;)

I'm still keeping an eye on the business as well as being fully occupied with other matters. The phrase "Not sure if I'm on foot or horseback" just about sums it up at the moment.

Lord alone knows where I used to find all that time to do things and work as well!  :'(

I did make a start when I first saw the @hiccup post, but didn't seem to be much interest, so I got fed up and abandoned it.

Yeah! I to have less free time now since retired. I may have a quick look to see what can be done, though it probably wont look as cool as the @hiccup mock-up..

Freddy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Feel free yourself, Freddy Barker  ;)

I found the discarded Theatre Mode view, and as you can see it's miles away from looking anything like a Jukebox, it just shows 15 tracks Up Next in your Now Playing queue.
I meant to tidy it up some, and add a few bells. whistles and options, but the project got shelved...  :D

pic taken from an old odd sized screen laptop, looks better on a big TV - Freddy

hiccup

I found the discarded Theatre Mode view, and as you can see it's miles away from looking anything like a Jukebox, it just shows 15 tracks Up Next in your Now Playing queue.

I think it is not even showing tracks but albums?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

True !!
That is the album art.
I've never got around to adding Title, Band, Year and click to Play button under each pic, as the project was shelved..
Freddy  ;)

hiccup

True !!
That is the album art.

O.K, back to business then: This is a wish for an actual 'Jukebox' or 'Singles' mode.

Clarence

It's a starting point Freddy.

Presumably it could be a card instead of an album art as per hiccup's original concept?
And I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to select any single in your collection so presumably you'd have to work off a generated playlist of something like singles/favourites/most played etc.?

I just inserted a background to see what it might look like as most jukeboxes I recall were always a riot of colour.

Keep chipping away Freddy  :D

hiccup

Keep chipping away Freddy  :D

Guys, could you get a room?

This is the Wishlist board.

Proper responses here fall in categories such as:

- support the wish
- explain why it would be 'bad' if it was implemented
- present a way that it can already be achieved

While what you are discussing might be an interesting subject for the TheatreMode topic on the 'Developer's' board, chatting and discussing an imaginary Theatre Mode on this board is not very useful or appropriate.

Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:33:37 PM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
I dont think you could achieve this as intended for the request using theater mode.
Given the interest in this proposal, I will have a look at whats involved

@hiccup, whats the reason for putting next track and play pause buttons on each card - just for 'look' ?
eg. why wouldn't someone just double click the card to play a specific track or use the player controls next track button to go to the next track

hiccup

@hiccup, whats the reason for putting next track and play pause buttons on each card - just for 'look' ?

I have not given the controls full thought yet, but I did try to imagine how such a Singles view could be used at e.g. parties, perhaps on a tablet with a touch screen and bluetooth speakers.

I intended that button as Cue last. (there probably is a better icon for that)
The tablet could be passed around to another person, and he could 'be allowed' to either play a song, or cue a song to the end of the Now playing list.
Play next' would not be a nice thing to do to the previous person ;-)

And, considering touch screens, the controls would probably better not be of the hover over type but always be in sight.

Other thoughts about possible controls on the cards are appreciated of course.
Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:23:50 AM by hiccup

hiccup

Keep chipping away Freddy  :D
Guys, could you get a room?

But thank you for your support of the idea and giving it some good thought and bringing it more attention of course.

Steven

• Administrator
I haven't tested it much but at least you can see how it looks.

The following skin overrides apply to the card display:
Code
  <element id="Content[Cards].Body" bg="255,255,255" bg2="190,150,150" bdr="222,222,222" fg="10,10,10" fg2="128,128,128" />
  <element id="Content[Cards].Button" fg="110,110,110" />
bg2 is used for the bar around the artist name and fg2 the lighter coloured text
Only the Play button is displayed as I felt the next track button wasnt appropriate in that context

For now I have called the view: Jukebox as I believe calling it Singles will be confusing with Tracks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkx9mn38mybdpaa/MusicBee.zip/file
This is v3.4 alpha so I suggest you overwrite a separate portable v3.3 install

hiccup

I haven't tested it much but at least you can see how it looks.

Wow, that's fantastic!
I won't be able to test it much today, but I'll certainly report on my experiences later.

Steven

• Administrator
you should re-download the same link as there are a few bugs fixed

phred

• Global Moderator
For now I have called the view: Jukebox as I believe calling it Singles will be confusing with Tracks
This has the potential to be truly fantastic. Thanks Steven.

Some initial findings with 3.4.7442. I don't know if some of these may be intentional.
- When clicking on the play button, the entire album from which the track belongs, is placed in queue.
- When hovering over the play button, another play button appears - similar to what appears in Album View. The same thing happens with the pause button.

- When switching from Jukebox View to Album View areas in the view that are blank (there is no album) are black. This does not happen with 3.4.7422.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here