Author Topic: Lame Presets V0, V2 etc detected  (Read 5176 times)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
It would be cool if Lame's presets were detected and shown in bitrate field so that when I rip an album to V0 for instance it knows that and labels it respectively rather than just simply putting the average bitrate of each individual track.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

VX

+1

I raised the issue on the forum a few days ago. Currently user can change the encoding parameters in Musicbee, but these options are located in File Converter preferences not in Rip CD preferences. Furthermore, its much easier to move the slider to the desirable PREDEFINED bitrate value (as in Foobar or XRecode) after choosing the rip profile than edit the options manually in File Converter settings.
A significant usability improvement would be if the File Converter settings were accessible from the chosen profile in CD Rip Settings not only from the separate section in MB preferences.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I rip my CDs with EAC to FLAC and convert them to V0 using dbpoweramp. I want the already converted files to show as the presets. Is that what you're agreeing with?
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

VX

Well, not really. I meant a more general changes in File Converter/CD Ripper...

beeing good

Is there any update on this? I searched the forum but this is the most recent topic I can find on this issue. I would love MB to show somewhere the lame VBR preset, at the moment I have to send open files in foobar in order to see which preset a file is encoded with.