Author Topic: "Guest Artist" bug  (Read 1842 times)

Tybot

Reference: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24782.0

The bug in question has been fixed already so this would be more of an extension of that fix. Because of the bug mentioned in the above thread, I have a lot of guest artists located under the tag <performer:guest artist> instead of <guest artist>. The only way to fix this would be to edit the performer field manually for every track with MB. Entering "Multiple Artist Splitter" and just adding and removing a space to the performer field will, upon saving, move the tag value from <performer> to <guest artist>.

However, when you add new music files that's been tagged with i.e Musicbrainz Picard, guest artists will once again end up under <performer> because Picard tags guest artists as <performer:guest artist>. And MB only remedies this if the tags are edited/created with MB and not other tag editors.

What I'm asking for is that MB is made to recognize the tag "Performer:guest artist" and put the value in the tag <guest artist>.

phred

• Global Moderator
Take a look at the Advanced Search and Replace module of boroda74's Advanced Tagging Tools plugin. There might be an existing preset that you can copy or reconfigure to do what you want. If you can, and it works as expected, you can set it up to be automatically applied when it comes across the criteria you entered.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Tybot

Take a look at the Advanced Search and Replace module of boroda74's Advanced Tagging Tools plugin. There might be an existing preset that you can copy or reconfigure to do what you want. If you can, and it works as expected, you can set it up to be automatically applied when it comes across the criteria you entered.

Thanks for the reply! I've been looking at ASR but it doesn't seem to support the tag <guest artist>, and creating a custom tag for a tag that's already available feels a bit wasteful.

phred

• Global Moderator
Post a query on the plugin thread asking about <guest artist> support. Boroda74, the plugin developer, is very responsive and helpful.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here