Author Topic: Metatag automatic update?  (Read 2394 times)

swedishme

I have some old mp3 that I made in iTunes maybe in 2006?. I do now only use musicbee, but when I transfer them to my phone (android) some albums (from the time I had iTunes, about 10 years ago), is found correctly by artist, album and cover in musicbee, but on my phone they end up as an "unknown" artist. (I use Google Play, did try some other music apps but its the same)

I think there is problem with the metadata, I don't know what ID3 version were used, but is it possible to update to the latest one so they will be corrected somehow? There is alots of albums and I don't know how to fix it.

boroda

select all tracks, open tag editor and change some unused tag (eg. some custom tag). then save changes.

redwing

Probably you will need to remove ID3v1 tags with wrong values using Tag Inspector.

swedishme

I did use "convert" in iTunes to a newer ID3 many years ago for some albums but it change the names to wierd characters on the albums, it tooked a long time to change name again so I gave up. There is about 100 album that is in this way.

I will try to add some new information on empty tags first, but where do I find tag inspector?

redwing

It can be launched from tag editor. Also you can set a hotkey.

swedishme

UPDATE I did try adding information in empty tags and that did not work. :'(

swedishme

Oh, now I found it redwing, it says I used iTunes 9.2.1, IDE3v2. I can change it to IDE3v1 but will it not delete some information, also never heard of APEv2?

redwing

You can experiment with your phone to figure out which tags cause the issue if all values look fine to you though my guess is you won't need ID3v1 tags any longer with modern devices.

swedishme

I did delete all tags iTunes wierd added (Not the artist name but they added wierd characters, one album had 36 wierd tags over the track name) and now It did work perfect and is now tagged as right artist when transfering to my phone, thank you. :D It will take me a lot of time now, I have so many none working mp3 albums.

redwing

Also there's Remove Tags command under Tools> Tagging Tools menu.
See if that helps with multiple albums selected. It depends on which tags you want to delete, so it may not help in some cases.

swedishme

Thank you again. I did find some wierd things some is in ID3v1 and some in ID3v2 on the same album, how wierd. But Now I have fixed a few off them. There is many left. I think I will try the method by selecting album and delete the tags album by album. Some are not the same so I can not select all albums sadly. But It's okey, I only need to do this once. :)