Author Topic: questions about the new option in v.3.2. to "sync lyrics as lrc or embedded"  (Read 3776 times)

christmw2503

My whole library has synced lyrics (lrc) embedded in music files. My Android music player only supports lrc as separate files (not embedded). So, how does the new feature work in Musicbee. If I want to copy lyrics as separate lrc files, yet they are embedded in music files. Can MB convert them to lrc files and sync them as such; or do I have first to create lrc files on my computer in order to sync them.
Thx.

boroda

as far as i understand if you check option to sync lyrics as .lrc files mb will always write .lrc files to your phone. probably embedded lyrics will be kept, not sure.

christmw2503

I've already tried and embedded just stayed embedded on the phone. So, they're not read by Blackplayer. I guess I'll have to create lrc files. Is there even a program that can batch export embedded lyrics as lrc files? I've seen that MP3TAG can do that for "Unsynced txt" files. Any suggestion?

redwing

I'd suggest you report the issue to this thread:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18547.0

It would be helpful if you provide a link to a screenshot of your sync settings. Also tell the file type you tried.

christmw2503

The question is if that's even a bug or just the way it's supposed to work. Meaning, embedded lyrics are only synced as embedded; and lrc files are synced as such; Musicbee doesn't do any conversion.

redwing

embedded lyrics are only synced as embedded; and lrc files are synced as such; Musicbee doesn't do any conversion.

I would say that would happen if you tick default. Otherwise, there's no reason for the other two options to exist.

Steven

• Administrator
did you read the thread redwing linked to?
And especially the bit about MB not back filling files already on the device

christmw2503

By my response to redwing, it's obvious I didn't understand the thread he was talking about (I was a bit tired). Now, I've read the thread and can successfully sync lrc files to a usb drive (or a virtual drive) but not on my phone (A Moto g5s plus). I have even deleted all tracks on the phone and restarted to sync everything, yet not lrc files there. I wonder why.

redwing

Try syncing your phone with a file with a separate lrc file to see what happens. If it syncs properly, look at the file's location, name, etc. anything unusual.

Steven

• Administrator
I can see why it might not work for MTP devices, so could you try this version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files