Author Topic: Defining iTunes GRP1 id3 frame as a custom tag  (Read 1990 times)

trelain

I am trying to define the id3 frame "GRP1" as a Custom tag, which is iTunes' replacement for the old "TIT1" Grouping frame.   I would then like to use this tag as Auto-playlist criteria.   Is this possible?

Also can any user-defined TXXX frames be defined as custom tags?   I have some TXXX frames with "KEYWORD" as their description, and various mood & style keywords as their data.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Yes, any non-standard tags should be configurable.  I suggest checking out these pages:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Tags
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tag_inspector
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.2 update i will add read support (not write support) to load this tag into the grouping field.

Also I dont think loading this as a custom tag will work because its not implemented as TXXX/GRP1
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:55:26 AM by Steven

trelain

patched with the v3.2 version, and the GRP1 value is available in the list of tags now in the autoplaylist edit but it isn't getting any hits on criteria and it is showing empty in the "Edit tags" window...   BTW thanks for such a quick turnaround on this Steven!
Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:51:29 PM by trelain

trelain

Hold on, I was choosing "GRP1" as the criteria tag for the autoplaylist instead of "Grouping", as they are both in the list of available tags, only because I had an old residue "GRP1" custom tag still there from when i tried defining it as a Custom tag... when I switched it to "Grouping", it started getting hits on autoplaylist criteria.    And it was showing up the whole time under the "Grouping" tag in the "Edit tags" window, again i was mistakenly looking at the old residue "grp1" custom tag.   I think it's working fine after all,  Thanks so much for making this happen!
Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:58:38 PM by trelain

Steven

• Administrator
i forgot to mention you need to right click/ send to/ rescan files for the relevant existing files