Author Topic: move bottom panel to top  (Read 2891 times)

nights1000

Yes, I've done a search, and yes I've seen the "anatomy of Musicbee" page. But I'm stupid, and I can't understand what's being said. Give me step by step instructions to move the bottom panel to the top, a la Itunes' layout. thanks

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:12:50 AM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

boroda

its not skin question. he asks how to move player controls from bottom part of mb window to the top. cant find this option right now.

frankz

This works.  For some reason it's not an available option if you're on "Now Playing" but it is if you're on a Library tab like "Music"

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18274.msg110145#msg110145

phred

• Global Moderator
Open the Panel Arrangement window and drag 'player controls' to the top panel. I'm not sure if this will work if using a bit-mapped skin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

frankz

Good eye, redwing.  That one is also not available from the Now Playing screen.  On Now Playing, the options for that selection are limited to Show / Hide Panel.  On my Music tab it changes to Top / Bottom / Hide.

Is that a bug or by design?

redwing

I think it's how it's designed. Steven didn't want to offer full layout options to now playing tab.

frankz

Just feels like the most natural place to be when you'd want to relocate the player controls is the Now Playing screen.  Not something I'm really interested in ever doing, but I'm glad we got OP situated.