Author Topic: An additional "track information" panel  (Read 4072 times)

Tybot

The existing track information panel allows for up to 7 fields, which I've already used up. Sure, they can be configured to contain a lot of different information but if you're already displaying the artwork too, it gets kinda crowded.

An additional panel, stacked as a tab, which would only display configurable fields would allow for a lot more info, such as involved people, composer, lyricists and so on. Seeing as the panel's already part of the software, I was hoping it wouldn't be to time-consuming to add an additional one.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Sure, they can be configured to contain a lot of different information but if you're already displaying the artwork too, it gets kinda crowded.
There is already a separate 'album cover' element so it can be removed from the track information panel.

An additional panel, stacked as a tab, which would only display configurable fields would allow for a lot more info, such as involved people, composer, lyricists and so on. Seeing as the panel's already part of the software, I was hoping it wouldn't be to time-consuming to add an additional one.
You don't have to have only 1 item in each of the 7 fields.
You can separate different values with "; ", turn on 'split multi-value tags into rows' and each tag gets it's own line.
Depending on what's in the meta-data, mine will show
Title
Track# of Album
Date Recorded
Release Date
Original Release Date
Artist
Original Artist
Last Played
Conductor
Composer
Lyricist
Lyrics type
Lyrics saved?
Main lyrics language
Explict lyrics?
Genre Group
Genre
Remixer
Musicians/Performers
Production Personnel
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Tybot

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm aware that's an option. My post shouldn't be viewed as a problem with MB that needs to be fixed but rather as a wish for me to be able to display my library exactly the way I want to. If I thought it would be really time consuming to implement I would never even have mentioned it as steven's time would be better spent fixing bugs and improving/creating useful features. But I suspect this could be done fairly easily and now it's up to him to decide if I'm right or not.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Your original post was ambiguous as to whether you wanted an extra panel or you thought that you were limited to only 7 fields.

I offered a little help in case it was the latter.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Tybot

Your original post was ambiguous as to whether you wanted an extra panel or you thought that you were limited to only 7 fields.

I offered a little help in case it was the latter.

I appreciate that and I apologize for not being clearer in my original post. I like the idea of displaying the artwork along with what I consider to be primary information (album, artist, title) without having to switch tabs or scroll through a lot of info that I consider to be secondary, which would be the case if I formatted those 7 fields the way you suggested. Having a second information panel dedicated to secondary information (such as performers and their role, lyricist and composers) would therefore be the optimal solution to my problem.

fabulario

... I like the idea of displaying the artwork along with what I consider to be primary information (album, artist, title) without having to switch tabs or scroll through a lot of info... Having a second information panel dedicated to secondary information (such as performers and their role, lyricist and composers) would therefore be the optimal solution to my problem.
+1 for a new tab (in my case for Album review / comments).
As I've posted in a related topic (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24680.msg142236#msg142236), something like this was proposed and accepted some time ago (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15885.msg93790;topicseen#msg93790) but, as far I know, not implemented.

vzell

+1 for a new tab OR more than 7 fields in the current tab

Phil Lloyd

I like MusicBee so much in being able to configure some things :)
But I too wanted more rows, and Bee-liever answered that for me!

I was hoping to configure some auto-navigation in the main window file list, so that when clicked, something would happen:
1) Auto-navigation to file info displayed in "track into" pane (and I FOUND that is an option if the header is clicked- YAY!!)
2) Auto navigation in the left pane to the file location perhaps ... (Still exploring options on that - likely something I just don't know yet :D

Great program!!  Great FORUMS!

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a second Track Info Panel.
It has all the same configurable settings as the existing one and can be docked in any side panel or stacked with other panels

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

Tybot

It has all the same configurable settings as the existing one and can be docked in any side panel or stacked with other panels

Awesome! Thanks a lot, steven!

Tybot

Found a small bug with this. The added panel still believes he's the parent when viewing "Playing" or "Selected" track. If I display the lyrics for the selected track and switch tab to "Details (2)" it's showing the details for the playing track instead of the selected.

Twlf

If you add the element to the Right Main Panel, you can't hide its Header Menu.

Steven

• Administrator
If you add the element to the Right Main Panel, you can't hide its Header Menu.
thats fixed for the next update

Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:44:00 PM by Steven