Author Topic: 'Midnight' Skin  (Read 35154 times)

Steven

• Administrator
OrB, i've fixed the close button on the search box for the next update. If you do find something wrong or need a new element just ask me (or rotem or blinghound as they might know an existing solution)
I have sent you a PM with 2 images i think will suit better (the download indicator and the in progress indicator on the taskbar eg. convert a file and you will see it) - the ones you have now arent matched to the colour scheme.
Also if you enable album ratings on the artwork layout  (right click on the header bar of the artwork panel/ Configure Layout/ choose Album Rating as field) you will see its always showing 5 stars.
The relevant element is:
<!-- 64-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Default" fg="240,240,240" fg2="160,160,160" />
where fg2 is the lowlight colour
i dont think Panel.StarRating.Highlight and Panel.StarRating.Lowlight are used any more
Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:10:20 PM by Steven

jimmanningjr

Very Nice skin...kinda reminds me of a Media Monkey skin (in Color ) This is now my default skin. I know nothing of xml files and all that but seeing this skin makes me wanna take a peak at the "how to Skin" section. I like dark skins ...there are never enough of them and never enough variation...perhaps I could fix that....Can someone please point me to the How to skin page?
Thank you for a wonderful looking skin ***** five stars

VX

OrB, THANK YOU VERY MUCH  :)

The rating stars look great for me.

I've one question though. Maybe Steven, Rotem K., or Blinghound could explain as it seems is not the matter of your skin but almost all ones.
When a website is used in an internal browser and one tries to edit the address bar it changes the colour to grey no matter the skin.

Is it possible to change the active address bar colour as grey doesn't always fit the skin  ???
Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:25:20 AM by VX

Rotem K.

Very Nice skin...kinda reminds me of a Media Monkey skin (in Color ) This is now my default skin. I know nothing of xml files and all that but seeing this skin makes me wanna take a peak at the "how to Skin" section. I like dark skins ...there are never enough of them and never enough variation...perhaps I could fix that....Can someone please point me to the How to skin page?
Thank you for a wonderful looking skin ***** five stars

Skinning Guide - Part 1 - The Basics

I've one question though. Maybe Steven, Rotem K., or Blinghound could explain as it seems is not the matter of your skin but almost all ones.
When a website is used in an internal browser and one tries to edit the address bar it changes the colour to grey no matter the skin.
Is it possible to change the active address bar colour as grey doesn't always fit the skin  ?

There isn't an element right now that can change it, so that's why all skins has the same active color.
Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:46:46 AM by Rotem K.

Blinghound

I think Steven said the active address bar colour defaults to the windows setting, and it isn't known yet how it can be changed.

Rotem K.

I think Steven said the active address bar colour defaults to the windows setting, and it isn't known yet how it can be changed.
I think that was the color of selected-editable text in open text boxs.

but i did find this:
I don't know any way to color the address bar when highlighted, and frankly I think that right now there isn't one.
do you mean when you edit the text in the address bar? If so there is an element but i need to look at the code

Steven did you get a chance look it?

Steven

• Administrator
yes, i added it recently and will let you know what the element is called later

OrB

small changes to addressbar, star-rating in albumview, indicators, borders .. link updated

Thank all for the many comments

Hallo Steven,
Thank you for interrest, checking and improvement to make this skin usable.

.. (request canceled)

Thank you for MusicBee

@jimmanningjr
I'm very happy to hear about new skins from beginners
There is a walkable way to build one and don't forget to publish.

Note: You will need 'Base64.exe'(search on forum) to convert png-images to strings.

@VX
Thank you for improvement ideas and trying out all versions of this experimental skin

@Thanks to Rotem K, Blinghound and others for their work to create a skinning-base for interrested people
Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:10:37 PM by OrB

Adson

... thanks for sharing this skin.

It has already become my favourite skin :-)

Good work!

A.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think Panel.StarRating.Highlight and Panel.StarRating.Lowlight are used any more
i am wrong about that, its used in the track detail panel when the row is selected, you might want to change the star colours

OrB

small changes to highlighted stars & font in detail panel, progressbar

Hallo Steven,

I put the lines in again. Looks better now.
Thank you for intensiv  checking

Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:54:43 PM by OrB

OrB

changes to new skin elements, contrast in preferences, new splashscreen

thanks to Ian Setradharma to make the photo free for the splashscreen.

OrB

minimal changes

Thanks to Steven for making the 'X' in the search box visible for dark colored backgrounds.
Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:42:12 AM by OrB

OrB

Update : Change to highlighted window buttons