Author Topic: 'Midnight' Skin  (Read 35650 times)

OrB

I want to say Thank You for MusicBee

'Midnight' Skin

Download :
http://www.mediafire.com/?6qz6exrl97i4gsf

copy Midnight.xml to your Program Files [(x86)]\MusicBee\Skins folder

The skin development was based on : 'AeroBee' Skin by Blinghound; 'Spooky Black' Skin by Rotem K.
Status : done  ( until new skin elements are available or problems are known )
Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:56:28 PM by OrB

VX

i want to say Thank You for MusicBee

You did it in a very nice way  :) Thank you for your work. I like the new skin, interesting mix of colours  :)
However, I'd choose a more calm color instead of that pink in some active elements.

Rotem K.

Well it's not my cup of java but I'm really glad other people are interested in making skins.
Did you use the Skinning Guide to get started?
Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:24:03 PM by Rotem K.

Blinghound

Well done, nice skin :)

I'm with VX, the pink is a little strong for me, but very good work

jlarrym

Nice skin. It shows up nicely on my older work computer whereas some of the other dark skins are too dark. The pink is ok with me. I  will definitely put this skin in my rotation. Good work.

OrB

Thank all for commenting and trying out

I removed this crazy focusing pink and updated the download link

@Rotem K.
Yes, the Skinning Guide is a good thing and it makes me looking into the xml-files.

I want to ask for png sizes especially for left/right/buttom border - i did not find out
then i will be able to improve the skin from time to time

(sorry for poor english)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
outdated link : (removed)

Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:31:00 PM by OrB

VX

Thank you very much  :) I like the changes, but I'll keep the first version with the pink too  :) I just got used to it so much  ;)

I noticed one minor issue with the new skin. When MB is in Mini Player view docked to the top of the screen it's hard to see the progress bar. Maybe try with a mid-light shade of blue instead of the pink?

Rotem K.

@Rotem K.
Yes, the Skinning Guide is a good thing and it makes me looking into the xml-files.

I want to ask for png sizes especially for left/right/buttom border - i did not find out
then i will be able to improve the skin from time to time

(sorry for poor english)

For the borders:
Top.png will be 28x1 [pixels].
TopLeft and TopRight will be 28x5.
Left and Right needs to be 1x4.
BottomRight and BottomLeft are 4x4.
and Bottom is 4x1.

If you need the border files themselfs pm me.

Rotem K.

I think the thing that bothers me most, is that the scroll bars colors seems to be backward, the bright side is to the right and the dark side is to the left, meaning the light is coming from the right. contrary to the way it's done in Windows and in Mac where scroll bar light is from the left.

OrB

@VX small change

@Rottem K.
Thank you for image specifications

Thank you for analysing
You are right. It was not my intention to make a commercial skin - but a individual.
Optical side-effects are intended in this skin. Maybe i took the idea from AeroFox XL theme.
But i will take your advise for future.
I know a skin can not fit for everybody but there was no intention to bother your eyes
Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:50:36 PM by OrB

VX

OrB,
the last one skin is almost perfect for me, thanks a lot  :)

If I were You, I'd increase the contrast between the rating stars in Player Controls Bottom Pane.
No matter the suggested change the skin is one of the best currently available dark themes for MB.

Great work !

Rotem K.

@VX small change

@Rottem K.
Thank you for image specifications

Thank you for analysing
You are right. It was not my intention to make a commercial skin - but a individual.
Optical side-effects are intended in this skin. Maybe i took the idea from AeroFox XL theme.
But i will take your advise for future.
I know a skin can not fit for everybody but there was no intention to bother your eyes

As long as it's a conscious decision I can appreciate it. 
Thanks for the effort dude.

phred

• Global Moderator
Truly a nice skin OrB.  Thanks for your effort in putting it together.  And while I was getting used to the "hot pink" I like the recent change that got rid of the pink in exchange for the blue. Nice touch.

Small problem - there doesn't appear to be the X in the search box that allows one to get rid of the search term.  I should say that it's there, because the cursor changes when I hover over where it should be.  I just can't see it.  If you could make it visible, this would be the perfect skin. 

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

OrB

small change

@phred
yes - in the moment this is really a bug. I think i can not address this black 'X' with an other color.
thank you

Blinghound