Author Topic: Wrong artwork on track info panel  (Read 1401 times)

redwing

When a selected track has no artwork, track info panel shows previously selected track's artwork (or playing track's artwork if you switch from playing track mode to selected track mode).
Looks like a newly introduced bug.

sveakul

I am just experiencing an odd problem that sounds like it is related to redwing's;  it began immediately after updating MusicBee.exe from 3.2.6646 to 3.2.6650.  Etiology:

Instead of assigning a picture to a Radio Station entry via the Edit function, I have a custom "no image" replacement image displayed in the Track Information Panel for all radio stations via an xml mod to the skin (Maya Blue), which normally displays fine for every station.  Upon going from 3.2.6646 to 3.2.6650, when first launched MusicBee will display the custom image when a station is first selected;  upon changing the station, and for every station change after that, only a black empty field is displayed instead of the custom image.  Exiting MusicBee and re-launching reproduces the behavior.  When reverting back to 3.2.6646, the problem vanishes, and the custom image displays normally for every station.

The problem does not occur in the Now Playing panel, only the Track Information panel.

However, unlike redwing, when I am playing different tracks in my regular file music Library, the expected image (cover artwork if present, custom "no image" if not) shows normally when changing between the tracks.

Must be due to some change made between 3.2.6646 and 3.2.6647-6650.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

sveakul

Unfortunately the bug I am experiencing continues with 3.2.6651.

More info:  when the Track Information panel (on the right sidebar) is set to "Selected Tracks", the image appears normally for any selected radio station;  switching to "Playing Track" brings back the blank image.  As I mentioned before, the image displays normally in all cases in the Now Playing panel.

One might ask "why not just keep to Selected Tracks view then for the Track Information panel?"  Because then the song title/artist cease to be displayed in the panel (only station name/stream type/url).  Not sure if that is by design, as I have always used the "Playing Tracks" option in Track Information.

Switching back to 3.2.6646 returns all to normal--images display fine in "Playing Tracks" mode.  No other chnages to my system (drivers etc) or any BASS dll's have been made before this started happening.

Problem never happens when playing music files from the library with same right sidebar Track Information panel setup, only when playing radio station entries from the Radio tab window.

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce the behavior you describe. Perhaps re-download as i did change something this morning that sounds like what you are saying

sveakul

Thanks Steven for the response.  I tried again after a new download (3.2.6651.29783) and no change.  I am going to PM you a link to my config file and an image of what I am seeing immediately after this post, I hope it will help.

sveakul

Addendum:  happy to say that the newer build of 3.2.6651 (3.2.6651.36886) now at the normal patch link has fixed the display problem for me as well!

Hats off to Steven for diagnosing and fixing this.