Author Topic: How to remove a tag that is in 'a field' of multiple songs?  (Read 3196 times)

Stephanizzle

• I took apart my iPod Classic & fixed it myself
Oh, okay, let me try that. No, there was no dialog box open, but I just found this plugin and I think this is what you may have been talking about, but maybe not, either way this plugin looks promising for people like me-the easy route lol :P :

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-and-reporting-tools/
The Stephanizzle,
"Hip-Hop & Ya Don't Stop!"

frankz

Now that I know that MusicBee does this natively with its own built-in functionality, my recommendation of using that plug-in will be overkill for what you need to do.  It is meant for complex functions and, if you can't get the native functions to work on your files, likely wouldn't work either anyway.

You really just need to follow step by step what redwing is laying out.  It will do exactly what you need.

Pick a file. 

Tools -> Tagging Tools -> Search and Replace

search for: djblaaa
in field: Any Field
replace with: (Leave Blank)

Run it.  If it works, select all the files you want to edit and repeat.

If it's not working, there's something wrong with the files that has nothing to do with MusicBee

Stephanizzle

Hi, thanks for your input. There is nothing wrong with my music files; like I said all of my music files are Not read-only files. It is definitely a MusicBee problem since when I try to do the Search & Replace, (I've been trying all day) like I said it just does the windows ding and does not allow me to click on anything, nor type anything in any box, no box appears, until I hit Esc to get out of it.

Separate problem: the plugin "Additional Tagging & Reporting Tool", I don't know where to find the functions for it either inside of MusicBee, and yes, I've copied the files into the appropriate MusicBee x86 folder. I'm close to giving up and just going into each individual file for about 200 songs and deleting the dj's stamp tag in multiple fields myself... *sigh*
The Stephanizzle,

frankz

No offense, but all of these functions work.  Boxes do appear when you call them through the menus.  The plugin's functions do show up when you install it properly.  MusicBee works fine - people, including me, use it to edit their tags every day.

You don't think it's odd that literally nothing you try or click on seems to be working at all while thousands of people successfully use the program to manage their music libraries every day?  It's completely irrational to think that the problem might be in something that you're doing?  OK.

You should be more amenable.  I'm out.  Good luck.

Stephanizzle

I was just trying to lay it all out in the open, so that we wouldn't need to keep going around in circles when I've already checked that. Yes, I've used MusicBee ever since I left MediaMonkey years ago, and left iTunes a few months before that.  By no means am I bashing MusicBee, I seriously love it, but all I was saying is that it's not anything I'm doing or my music files. It is a program problem. I guess my only option is to uninstall MusicBee reinstall it. Hopefully i don't lose my info but I think this might work. We'll see!
The Stephanizzle,

Stephanizzle

WHOOOOOOO!!!! It worked! I uninstalled MusicBee and upon installing I noticed an option to install a Windows 10 MusicBee App which is what I needed because before my version of MusicBee wasn't compatible with the latest version of Windows 10 I think, this one works like a charm! Now when I go to the "Search and Replace" the dialogue box actually pops up Yey! I guess I solved my own problem heh. ;)
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:19:30 AM by Stephanizzle
The Stephanizzle,

boroda

any latest mb version (generic/portable/win store) is compatible with win10. but reinstallation itself indeed was able to help.