Author Topic: How to remove a tag that is in 'a field' of multiple songs?  (Read 3134 times)

Stephanizzle

• I took apart my iPod Classic & fixed it myself
Hi, I need help trying to remove an annoying tag that appears in multiple songs as I downloaded it in a compilation for dj stuff. It says ['djblaaa'] in the title and other fields, I don't know how to input the information (in the tools>tagging tools>remove tags>remove specified tags) in order to get a correct result. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
The Stephanizzle,
"Hip-Hop & Ya Don't Stop!"

redwing

As you said, remove tag command only shows tag code, not tag values. If you want to see tag values when deleting tags, select those files, open tag inspector that can be launched from tag editor or a hotkey, and select a tag and click on minus button to delete it. Then save it. But sometimes it leaves some tags and you will need to run it again.

@Steven;

I think it's the same bug that you fixed for search and replace command that required multiple running of the same command for sort tags and artist tags.
Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:51:02 PM by redwing

frankz

I think he didn't title the post properly.  It sounds like he doesn't want to remove tags, only remove some text from the tags (aka "Editing").  If I'm understanding correctly, he wants to remove the string "djblaaa" when it appears in the title and other tags.

I'm pretty sure this is possible with the "Additional Tagging Tools" plugin.  I'd know how to help in mp3tag because that's where I do this kind of thing, but maybe a regex expert could offer guidance on how to do this within MB using the plugin.

If the titles are only "djblaaa" and you want to completely replace it with the actual title, that's easier. Isolating just a string and removing it is a little more complicated but doable.

If I'm wrong and you actually do want to completely remove the tags, do what @redwing advises.

redwing

If I'm understanding correctly, he wants to remove the string "djblaaa" when it appears in the title and other tags.

Yeah, I think you're right. In that case, select those tracks, open MB's native search & replace command (Tools> Tagging Tools> Search and replace), search the string for "Any Fields" and leave replace box blank. Preview and if all is correct, run it.

Stephanizzle

Hi, thanks for the reply, but can you please speak plainly, there is no tag editor or tag inspector, if you can explain by telling me the file path and then what to input and do from there, also, I'm a girl, but I don't know if they were referring to me.
The Stephanizzle,

Stephanizzle

If the titles were only "djblaaa" I would not need your help.
The Stephanizzle,

redwing

Did you try this?

select those tracks, open MB's native search & replace command (Tools> Tagging Tools> Search and replace), search the string for "Any Fields" and leave replace box blank. Preview and if all is correct, run it.

Stephanizzle

When I hit the click on search and replace, musicbee makes the songs turn a lighter color and I'm not allows to touch anything without a Windows 'ding'. Could you show me the right path to click and type? An example please.
The Stephanizzle,

Stephanizzle

Yes, before I posted this thread I tried clicking everything including that one.
The Stephanizzle,

redwing

When I hit the click on search and replace, musicbee makes the songs turn a lighter color and I'm not allows to touch anything without a Windows 'ding'. Could you show me the right path to click and type? An example please.

Sounds like they are read-only files?
Then select one of those tracks> right click> Edit, which will open tag editor. And see if you can edit a tag and save it. 

sveakul

If it turns out you can't save tags as per redwing's test, right-click the file(s) in Windows Explorer (or File Explorer depending on your OS), choose Properties, and see if "Read-only" is checked in the Attributes at the bottom of the pane.  If so, un-check, "OK", and follow redwing's original instructions, you should be good then.

Stephanizzle

I'm sorry but that's not the problem I'm having. All of my files in my music folder are made not read-only files.
The Stephanizzle,

redwing

Then select one file. Run Tools> Tagging Tools> Search and replace command. Do you see the command window is open?

redwing

I am talking about the main menu. If you don't see the menu, click on MusicBee button on the top left corner.