Author Topic: Stopping bluetooth device kills DLNA playback  (Read 950 times)

pauljstuart

Hi there, thanks for musicbee!

I have a slight problem, and I wonder if you can give some suggestions.  I have downloaded the latest musicbee, and I still see this behaviour.

I have a bluetooth speaker, which is all fine.
And, I am using the DLNA plugin, which allows me to play to a DLNA device on my local network, which is also fine.

The situation is this.  I am playing to the DLNA device.  And the bluetooth device is on and connected to my PC (I am using Windows 10).  Obviously the bluetooth speaker is silent and not being used.  However, when the bluetooth speaker powers down, either when I do it myself, or when it goes into standby, the DLNA playback also stops.  Every time. 

This is puzzling to me, as if you're streaming to the DLNA device, what would it care about the local bluetooth device? And yet when the local bluetooth device changes state, musicbee stops playing to DLNA. 

Any ideas on how to avoid this behaviour?  It's a bit of a problem, cause obviously the bluetooth speaker can be in a variety of states at different times, and it would be nice to be able to keep streaming regardless. 

regards

Paul S