Author Topic: Play speed  (Read 31824 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:12:07 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

In the MusicBee "Tempo Control" interface I would like to get some clarification on what the terms "play speed" and "sample rate" actually refer to ("pitch" I think everyone understands). In similar controls on another player, there is "Tempo", and "Playback Rate".  I am assuming in MusicBee that what is labeled as "sample rate" refers to "Tempo," and "play speed" to "Playback Rate"--do I assume correctly?  If so, the poster (dakota) asking about adjusting  "Playback Speed" might not actually benefit from toolbar buttons adjusting the TEMPO, if indeed his own phrase is accurate.  From the Steve Hoffman music forum:

""Speed" is just like increasing the speed of an audio tape (or a turntable). The pace of the music increases, as does the pitch.

"Tempo" simply takes the same piece of music and squeezes it into a shorter timeframe, without affecting the pitch at all."

Steven

• Administrator
This is the bass documentation:
Play Speed (time-stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch.
Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key, without affecting the sound tempo or speed
Sample Rate : Changes both the sound tempo and pitch, as if an LP disc was played at wrong RPM rate.

sveakul

THANKS for this Steven!  So "Play speed" here is what "Tempo" referred to in my quote, and "Sample Rate" refers to what "Speed" was defined at in the quote.  It seems like only the term "Pitch" has any common meaning across the player world.