Author Topic: Album Reviews  (Read 2357 times)

boroboy383

Hi There,

Just decided to give this program a blast last night and it really is a great bit of software. Now after some reading up and a bit of fiddling about with MB I have just about got it set up to how I want it to look. I have one questions is there anyway to add and show information for album reviews i have stored in nfo files in the my artist directory and if if not is this something that might be getting introduced to the software at some point down the line.

Thanks

Boroboy383

phred

• Global Moderator
You could copy/paste the reviews into the Comments section. I believe Steven made a change a few years back to allow up to 999 lines in that field.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroboy383

Hi phred,

Thanks for the reply i had seen that but that has now got me thinking will that be able to be shown when clicking on an album or can you set up a panel window to show that information when an album is been viewed/played at all.

Thanks

Boroboy383

phred

• Global Moderator
You might want to search the forum to confirm the 999 lines I quoted above. That number may not be correct.

My comments are set up in the Track Information panel...

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroboy383

Cheers for that again shall have a look later on to see if can get it to work as I want.

Cheers

Boroboy383

Twlf

What's phred got set up works if you have some free vertical space in the sidebar. Although, I've been wanting a Comment element that I could stack with the Bio & Lyrics.. Wishlist maybe, if there's any interest.

Also, for further reviews, you can set up some links in the sidebar, eg. wikipedia, discogs, allmusic, and get all the info in one click (MB has a browser built in).

fabulario

... Although, I've been wanting a Comment element that I could stack with the Bio & Lyrics.. Wishlist maybe, if there's any interest.

I'll give my +1 for this.
By the way, something like this was proposed and accepted some time ago but, as far I know, not implemented.

boroboy383

Yep doing as phred said seems to be working for me at the minute, with the way I want the information to be shown.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yep doing as phred said seems to be working for me at the minute, with the way I want the information to be shown.
Glad to hear it's working out. I do realize that depending on how many reviews you already have as nfo files, it may be time consuming to get them all into the comments field. But once there all done, going forward should be a breeze.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroboy383

Glad to hear it's working out. I do realize that depending on how many reviews you already have as nfo files, it may be time consuming to get them all into the comments field. But once there all done, going forward should be a breeze.
[/quote]

yep that is the next problem as i have around 3200 album so is going to take some time to complete!!!.