Author Topic: Quick switching between directsound and asio  (Read 3010 times)

doodlepapers

Right now, when right clicking the Player Controls bar, and hovering over "Output to", it's only possible to change from Directsound output devices to other directsound devices. But Directsound -- > ASIO and vice versa is not possible.

Twlf

+1

I find myself switching between the two fairly often (audiobooks / background music eg. while gaming), this could save some clicks and mousepad mileage.
(and given my ASIO volume is <10/100 and for DirectSound I need to go 60+, hopefully I don't blow my ears out on accident  :P  )

doodlepapers

@Steven

Is there any chance of this happening?

What I think would also be great is being able to assign hotkeys to audio devices. Another great suggestion would be several audio settings, and then being able to toggle between them.

zkhcohen

Right now, when right clicking the Player Controls bar, and hovering over "Output to", it's only possible to change from Directsound output devices to other directsound devices. But Directsound -- > ASIO and vice versa is not possible.

What's the current method to switch to ASIO? Switch system outputs in Windows?

doodlepapers

We are talking about quickly changing sound output devices, without pressing ctrl+o and going all the way into settings. Useful for if you have multiple sound devices (headphones + speakers, for example).

zkhcohen

We are talking about quickly changing sound output devices, without pressing ctrl+o and going all the way into settings. Useful for if you have multiple sound devices (headphones + speakers, for example).

Hmm.. I think I can whip this up for you. I'll try some stuff at lunch, today.

zkhcohen

You're right - it definitely has to be added to the API by Steven.

There's an output device parameter but none for output protocol...

Oh well.

titule

I just wanted to make the same wish.. 8)

I found the function I want in the context menu of a song: RMB -> Play More... -> Output To
and I'd prefer to have this device list near the play button or the loudspeaker symbol of the player.

In my opinion, that's where it belongs since it applies to the current playback and not to one song.

Also, nowadays it is not uncommon to have more than one standard output device so that functionality became more important over the last years.