Author Topic: missing tracks  (Read 2177 times)

athleticpete

I've just moved from ITunes to musicbee and am impressed so far but I have a problem I cannot figure out.

I have imported several albums which then only show a couple of tracks. For example Led Zeppelin IV is showing under albums and under artist name but only contains "four sticks" and "going to California". No matter which way I try, I cannot add the remaining tracks.
However if I got to the original folder containing all my music the tracks are there with the musicbee icon next to them, and a double click will play each one individually through musicbee.

Any ideas how I can get them to show

frankz

Are the missing files in your Inbox, waiting to be added to the library?

athleticpete

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It should be in the left sidebar.  You may have to mouse over the left side of the window to get it to pop up.

Also, have you searched from the search box?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

athleticpete

Thanks for that, found the inbox, but nothing in that. When I search for a particular track (stairway to heaven) using the all albums option, it shows several times, which is correct, including the album Led Zeppelin IV. But when you click on just the album, its not there???
Odd

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It sounds like they may be hidden duplicates.  Go to the Manage Duplicates tool in the Tools menu.  See if there is anything shown in the bottom panel there, where it says "duplicates marked as hidden".
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

athleticpete

Thanks, yes there's loads, so looks like I shall have to go through them, or unhide them all.
I'll give that a try and come back if it doesn't work. Thanks for he help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You should be able to unhide them all at once with the check box at the top of the panel (next to "duplicate file").
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

athleticpete

Thanks a lot for your help, that has worked, although I now have a lot of duplicate tracks I can go through and delete those at my leisure.
(my music folder is very disorganised and very large so this will keep me busy for a while)