Author Topic: Custom Tags  (Read 2386 times)

Mark Morris

I use <Geographical> and <Intro> and tags in the list view of songs in MB. These are written in MP3Tag and only exist once. However, in MB, they always duplicate (I tried to attach as small screenshot, but it doesn't seem possible). These are definitely not duplicated in the actual song file, so am I mis-configuring the MB set-up somewhere?

Mark Morris

Is there any point to posting in a forum when I never get a reply?
Someone surely must have an answer to this?
Please?
 :(

boroda

for example i was missing on the forum for several days. its not the forum of customer support, its the forum of community. for duplicated tags check them in tag inspector (right-click on a track> edit> tag inspector).

tangotonyb

For images - google "image upload" - it will return numerous options for sharing images online - then simply paste a link to the image in the comment.

I read your question, but without further info it wasn't easily answerable -e.g. what do you mean by duplicate? Where do you see this? Have you looked at the mp3 tag info directly - e.g. through musicbee's tag inspector, or mp3tag's extended tags? if the info in the mp3 is correct, then you probably have misconfigured MusicBee somewhere. If its wrong in the mp3, then you're probably doing something wrong in mp3tag!

Mark Morris

Thanks so much for the response.
I'll try and sort out the image upload thing when I'm back at the PC later  I thought I would be able just to attach one.

The mp3 tags themselves (read in mp3tag) have the tag once. In the Musicbee library, there are two... or now sometimes four: all exactly the same!

I am wondering if I have misunderstood the custom tags setup and it's just displaying them more than once, rather than multiple instances actually being present.. if that makes any sense!

boroda

also check in mb tag inspector that you have only id3v2 or ape tags. i'm not sure how mb behaves if there are 2 types of tags simultaneously.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'll try and sort out the image upload thing when I'm back at the PC later  I thought I would be able just to attach one.
screenshots: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mark Morris

https://imgur.com/a/5mRF5
The screenshots should be there. Thanks for the help.

boroda

i see your problem. right-click on one of problem tracks> edit> tag inspector and post screenshot of tag inspector.

Mark Morris

Thanks so much for this - it's good to talk! And, as so often happens, as soon as you do, you start to see the problem yourself. What I think is happening, as another poster has alluded to, is that because I am insisting on using both APEv2 and ID3v2 tags for reasons I've explained elsewhere, Musicbee is displaying both:

https://imgur.com/a/fJVGM

It's just a pity that I have to do all the editing externally because MB can't be set to write both tags itself. So I should just ignore the duplicated displays, I think...?

boroda

you can create virtual tags, which will remove duplicated entries, eg. something like: $RegEx((.*);.*,$1)

note: i never used regexes in virtual tags, maybe some escape sequences are required.

boroda

this is working for me:

$RxReplace(<Title>,"(.*);.*","$1")

Mark Morris

I could try that, but I don't want any tags to be altered by MB because of the editing issue with APE vs ID3.

What's odd with the 'duplicate tags' issue is that it is just the tags I have 'customised' that repeat in the MB display. Album, title, year, etc, never get duplicated (and they also exist twice - in both APE and ID3), only Intro, Geographical.

Maybe I have messed up the 'Custom Tags' settings, which seem very complicated to me!

boroda

i meant *virtual* tags, not *custom* tags. virtual tags are dynamically generated (not stored anywhere).