Author Topic: Need help with XML editing of a theater skin (Solved)  (Read 1081 times)

PimNel

I am not very experienced with XML or even programming, but I was determined to alter the default Cine View skin to make it perfect for me. Everything's great, except for one thing. There's a light grey translucent layer over all the artist pictures in my skin, and I just cannot find the part of the code that causes this! The code is here:

https://github.com/PimNel/MusicBeeTheaterView/blob/master/problem

Any help is very much appreciated!

Edit:

Line 55 is the only line that I know of that refers to the artist picture, I cannot find any other line that could cause the grey overlay.
Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:45:10 PM by PimNel

redwing

Line 55 is the only line that I know of that refers to the artist picture, I cannot find any other line that could cause the grey overlay.

Yes, that line needs fade attribute that controls dimming between 0 and 1. Looks like it defaults to 0.1 when it's not set. So add this:

Code
fade="0"
Also interval and tags attribute are working only for Gallery element. If you want, use something like ArtistType="composer" instead for ArtistPicture element.

PimNel

Yes, that line needs fade attribute that controls dimming between 0 and 1. Looks like it defaults to 0.1 when it's not set. So add this:

Code
fade="0"

Sir or madam, thank you so much! This fixed it.

Also interval and tags attribute are working only for Gallery element. If you want, use something like ArtistType="composer" instead for ArtistPicture element.

Yes, I already knew this did nothing, that's just some mess left because I just copied the default Cine View XML file and made some changes to it. I didn't bother removing unnecessary stuff :). Thanks for that tip though, I'll see whatever works best.

Anyways, thank you AGAIN!
Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:49:18 PM by PimNel