Author Topic: Tags won't sync to device  (Read 1766 times)

Antoz

Hi, I have a problem with syncing to a device using MusicBee. Whenever I sync my library, a bunch of songs show up on the device (which is a phone I use as a music player) as unknown artist. It's consistently the same files, and when I look on the computer, they're tagged just fine. Does anyone have a solution they could suggest to fix this problem? Thanks ahead of time.
Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:02:02 PM by Antoz

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Does any specific file format seem to be affected?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've had this problem for a while, too.  For me, it seems to be related to large artwork, even though the artwork should be downsized when synced.  Any chance it's large artwork for you, too?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Antoz

Good ideas, however, I don't use any artwork in my library, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the file format and the issue I'm having. It's the same 230 songs every time.

boroda

its not very likely, but probably you dont have id3v1 tags in your library (i.e. only id3v2 tags) and your mobile player supports only id3v1 tags.