Author Topic: Recent issues with the getmusicbee.com website  (Read 3159 times)

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 29853
A couple of days ago the host for the getmusicbee.com website upgraded the OS version. Unfortunately the SSL certificate was messed up and additionally a script incompatibility took the site down. Thats now fixed.

But there is still an ongoing issue where you will occassionally see a "500 Internal Error".
It has been reported but so far the solution they provided hasn't worked

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 989
Thank you Steven for keeping us up to date on the situation.

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8416
I put a notice up on the wiki, directing people to Twitter if they're unable to access the website.  Hope it gets resolved!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.3)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 989
FYI, as of now I have stopped getting the "500 Internal Error" messages that were the norm earlier today, hopefully that means the fix is in!
Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:16:07 AM by sveakul

AvikB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 905
FYI, as of now I have stopped getting the "500 Internal Error" messages that were the norm earlier today, hopefully that means the fix is in!
As for now the site is using cloudflare for cache CDN. But there are new problems, some pages do not work. forum seems intact though. so thats a good sign.
Hopefully we will have a working solution in few days or so.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 29853
Apparantly it can take up to 2 days for the cloudfare configuration to propogate, and hence some people will experience SSL secure connection failures. I've experienced this a few times myself but eventually get through

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 29853
All the issues with cloudfare should now be resolved.
While the "500 Internal Error" issue has much improved, I am finding it still happens sometimes. In the next month or so, AvikB is planning to make a change that should help further.

Alumni

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1007
I'm seeing a lot of error messages when browsing the forum, not very usable at the moment.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4695
I'm seeing a lot of error messages when browsing the forum, not very usable at the moment.
What type of error messages?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

boroda

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3355
i very very very frequently see '500 internal error' message. but refreshing a page always helps.

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8416
Yeah, I'm still getting the Internal Server Error message fairly often.  There will be long spells without it, and then it shows up again. (Appropriately, even when I posted this message!)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.3)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4695
Yeah, I'm still getting the Internal Server Error message fairly often.  There will be long spells without it, and then it shows up again. (Appropriately, even when I posted this message!)
Yes, me too. Especially today more than yesterday. But as boroda74 said, a refresh clears it. Still ... it shouldn't be.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

AvikB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 905

Yeah, I'm still getting the Internal Server Error message fairly often. There will be long spells without it, and then it shows up again. (Appropriately, even when I posted this message!)
Yes, me too. Especially today more than yesterday. But as boroda74 said, a refresh clears it. Still ... it shouldn't be.
The new Hosting server OS update seems to broke some stuff along with this annoyance.
I am working on a major update for the website backend, specially caching that should reduce server resource usage. Hopefully this might solve it.

According to Steven this problem started with SMF 2.0, before the new website was even introduced. There was a temporary fix for this back then, but with the new server update it is not compatible anymore.

I am looking into it, will let you guys know if a proper fix is possible or not.

boroda

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3355

Freddy Barker

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 679
  • 🎧 MB 3.3.7225 P