Author Topic: Lost playlists over the night!  (Read 886 times)

midihooker

Hi Guys!
Yesterday I sat for 10 hours straight and made playlists. I started Musicbee a couple of times and the lists I made where there and I was very happy.

Today they are all gone except one that I had exported. But when I trying to play it there are missing files, but in my "music" library I can play them!

Basically this is a mess..

DonĀ“t want to make these lists again! It took me 10 hours..

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried doing a search for .mbp files on your harddrive?  Perhaps they ended up in an unexpected location.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tangotonyb

MusicBee writes the playlists to disc as you create them and it will show any playlists that exist in the folder,so there are only two ways what you describe can have occurred:

Another process removed the playlists after you closed MusicBee (do you have any kind of Cloud sync process operating against the MusicBee folder?
Alternatively and more likely is that you are now looking at a different MusicBee library as each library will have its own Playlist folder.

As the above poster recommends, search your hard drive for mbp files and look at the folders they are located in. Also worth looking in your recycle bin.