Author Topic: MiniLyrics = Bad Gateway  (Read 12873 times)

frankz

Even better if each downloaded LRC contents could be auto-embedded into the Lyrics tag of the relevant track.  :D
Minilyrics does this if you want it to. (Preferences->Lyrics->Lyrics Download)

MB's Minilyrics Helper plugin will display them, too (embedded or from file).

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Minilyrics does this if you want it to. (Preferences->Lyrics->Lyrics Download)
MB's Minilyrics Helper plugin will display them, too (embedded or from file).

Thanks for that frankz
I thought that was the case and though I had ticked all the (correct?) boxes in MiniLyrics preferences, but would only embed plain text lyrics into tags, even though I had selected 'download lrc only'.
MiniLyrics plugin does and always has displayed synched lyrics just fine, however, I think I'm correct in saying that only embedded lrc lyrics can be displayed synched & karaoke style in Theatre Mode!
I know I can copy and paste downloads into tag, but will take forever!  :o
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:32:26 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

frankz

That's really weird.  If a song has a Minilyrics lrc file on my computer or an embedded Synchronized lyrics tag it shows and scrolls on my Now Playing right sidebar just fine.  I don't use Theater Mode.

In Minilyrics, are you embedding as "Embedded Lyrics for Windows Media Player (ID3v2 synchronized lyrics)" ?  That's the setting I use.  I don't do it automatically, though, because I usually have to edit junk data out of the lyrics and don't want them saved automatically.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
That's really weird.  If a song has a Minilyrics lrc file on my computer or an embedded Synchronized lyrics tag it shows and scrolls on my Now Playing right sidebar just fine.  I don't use Theater Mode.

In Minilyrics, are you embedding as "Embedded Lyrics for Windows Media Player (ID3v2 synchronized lyrics)" ?  That's the setting I use.  I don't do it automatically, though, because I usually have to edit junk data out of the lyrics and don't want them saved automatically.

Thanks for responses frankz.
I think there are about 4 options in prefs for ID3v2 synchronized lyrics, Ipod, M4A and as you say, Windows Media.
I have tried various combinations of the 4 plus all the lot, but no joy in Theatre Mode.
I have used the 'Now Playing right sidebar' - I think that's where you can edit the timestamps of the lyrics as the track plays.. :-\
P.S I only use Theatre Mode as media centre laptop is under the TV, several meters away...

Mephisto

MiniLyrics is indeed back in business and hot.
Each LRC is download within 2 or 3 seconds of playing track start!
Wouldn't it be cool if every track in the MB library could play just the first 5 seconds of each track (for example overnight), thus only taking 11 hours to trawl through my tracks?
Even better if each downloaded LRC contents could be auto-embedded into the Lyrics tag of the relevant track.  :D

You should take a look at this: Track previewer addon

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

I will, thank you  :D

[EDIT]
I tried it, I used it, it's totally awesome (thanks to Steven), I didn't know about it, works a treat and functions as advertised, thanks so much for the referal @Mephisto  ;D
Best regards: Freddy
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:12:31 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I will, thank you  :D

[EDIT]
I tried it, I used it, it's totally awesome (thanks to Steven), I didn't know about it, works a treat and functions as advertised, thanks so much for the referal @Mephisto  ;D
Best regards: Freddy

To those who of you that are still sympathetic to my ramblings, if any? may like to know that by using this method suggested by Mephisto, today I have downloaded 4,752 LRC files from MiniLyrics. (a rush job in case MiniLyrics goes off-line again, for good).

However ONLY the mp3's (about 225), have had the synched lyrics automatically embedded into the music files lyrics tag.
The remaining music files that are of the type m4a have only had plain text lyrics added, and not to very many tracks.
Do I now continue with the cut and paste palaver, from LRC file to TAG, or is there a magic solution out there?
Answers below please - regards: Freddy

azu-nyaa

To anyone following the ongoing on again / off again Minilyrics saga - it started working again tonight. Pulling synched lyrics fine (for now).

MiniLyrics is indeed back in business and hot.
Each LRC is download within 2 or 3 seconds of playing track start!
Wouldn't it be cool if every track in the MB library could play just the first 5 seconds of each track (for example overnight), thus only taking 11 hours to trawl through my tracks?
Even better if each downloaded LRC contents could be auto-embedded into the Lyrics tag of the relevant track.  :D

Dear Freddy Barker, there's actually a function to auto-embed lyrics into the relevant music file. Preference > Lyrics > Lyrics Download > Save lyrics in song file > Check "embedded lyrics for xxx" (choose what you want)

For your suggestion of auto-playing for 5 sec for every track, there's actually a trick that u can do it yourself. Download some auto-clicker program, set the time for auto clicking to 5 seconds, then put the cursor over the "play next" button and start the auto clicker. Of course, it will be nice if the function is already built into minilyrics.

LOVE minilyrics!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Dear Freddy Barker, there's actually a function to auto-embed lyrics into the relevant music file. Preference > Lyrics > Lyrics Download > Save lyrics in song file > Check "embedded lyrics for xxx" (choose what you want)

For your suggestion of auto-playing for 5 sec for every track, there's actually a trick that u can do it yourself. Download some auto-clicker program, set the time for auto clicking to 5 seconds, then put the cursor over the "play next" button and start the auto clicker. Of course, it will be nice if the function is already built into minilyrics.

Thanks very much for the info!
I found a way to embed the lyrics and there is an official MB plugin to preview selected tracks for N seconds!
cheers Freddy