Author Topic: .M3u Playlist imported to spotify ?  (Read 9576 times)

Ronin47

i save my MB playlists as .M3u and have beem trying to import them to spotify using http://soundiiz.com/ and http://www.ivyishere.org/ but they both say the M3u is invalid or empty.

The  playlists work a  treat in MB , I re enabled Windows Media player as spotify claims to support importing via that ,but media player is taking day's (4 so far) so scan identify my music.

Anyone have any work arounds tips or general idea's ?

Cheers

Steven

• Administrator
just open the file with a tag editor and check whether it looks ok (it should be)
its just a text file with a list of file paths

Ronin47

opened up a load of them using Mp3tag and they all look ok , i am wondering if its a problem with those websites ?

anyone else had any problems ?

i have attached a playlist below to see if you can spot anything odd mate

---edit----

i checked some playlists for real albums and the format is different , mine have no #EXTINF bit before the track.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:302,The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home
01 - The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home.flac
#EXTINF:269,Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
02 - Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart.flac

-------end edit-------

my playlist below

#EXTM3U
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Zwan\Zwan - number of the beast.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Weezer\The Red Album\04-weezer-heart songs.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\The Kills\Midnight Boom\01 U.R.A. Fever.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\1. Unsorted\2014\Vaudeville Smash feat. Les Murray - Zinedine Zidane.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Indie Rock Playlists\2008\Various Artists - Indie Rock Playlist January 2009\24 - Cat Power - Dark End Of The Street.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Smashing Pumpkins\Gothic EP\04-smashing pumpkins-sunkissed.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\The mix tapes alternative music from the late 70s and 80s\205-furniture-brilliant mind.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\The Nineties - Various\CD3\09 - Track  9.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Mashups\Spliced Krispies\08 main bloom.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Boots Electric\01 Complexity.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Iggy Pop\Preliminaires\03-iggy pop-king of the dogs.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Fight Like Apes\Whigfield Sextape\01 - Crouching Bees.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Therapy\Opal Mantra\03 Potato Junkie (live).mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Voodoo Queens\Kenuwee Head\02 My Little Guitar Baby.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Drugstore Cowboy OST\06 The Israelites.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Editors\The Back Room\03 - Blood.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Fever Ray\Fever Ray\If I Had A Heart.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Fun Lovin Criminals\I'm Not in Love   Scooby Snacks\04 Coney Island Girl (Schmoove version).mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Gigolo Aunts\Flippin' Out\02 - Gigolo Aunts - Where I Find My Heaven.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Gorillaz\Plastic Beach\13 Plastic Beach Ft. Mick Jones & Paul Simon.mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\Green Day\Acoustic\Set 1\04 Longview (Set 1).mp3
D:\Ronin\Music\Dot Alt\grosse point blank OST\01 - Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun.mp3

Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:04:40 PM by Ronin47

johnnyzerb

To migrate/move/transfer music from one music platform to any other music platform like google/deezer, and spotify etc, i will strongly suggest you an amazing tool.Here u can find that tool
musconv.com

frankz

---edit----

i checked some playlists for real albums and the format is different , mine have no #EXTINF bit before the track.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:302,The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home
01 - The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home.flac
#EXTINF:269,Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
02 - Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart.flac

-------end edit-------

EXTINF is a holdover from when some players didn't/couldn't read track info from the file and needed to be told title/artist/run time.  You don't need it.

Just keep trying different services until you find one that works. 

Or maybe you have some browser addon that's preventing the file from getting to the site in tact.  Like a script blocker or something?  I use scriptsafe in Chrome and I know it breaks things like this sometimes if I don't whitelist the script on the site that's doing the import.

Nave239

I've just figured out a way to use Soundizz to transfer MusicBee playlists to Spotify. You can't use the M3u format to do it because of the way Soundizz tries to read the song locations. Instead, follow these steps.

Step 1: Delete all exported playlist files in This PC>Music>MusicBee>Exported Playlists (or where ever you have your playlists set to export). This will make it easier to locate the correct playlist file once you correct your preferences.

Step 2: Open MusicBee and go to Edit>Preferences>Library. On this menu, there is a small portion at the bottom for exported playlist preferences. There is a small drop down tab next to your exported playlist file path. By default, I think It's set to M3U but you are going to want to change that to PLS. Apply and save your preferences!

Step 3: Close the preferences menu and close MusicBee. Then check your exported playlists folder to ensure that all of your playlists have been exported in the new format. If they have not re-open MusicBee and open the playlist you want to export. Then export it by going to File>Playlists>Export Playlist.

Step 4: Now, open up the Soundizz web app. Log in and connect to your Spotify account. If it is not already selected click the playlists tab in Soundizz. Now a button should appear in the top right corner of the web app that says "Import Playlist". Click It.

Step 5: The first thing that should appear upon pressing this is a window with three options. Opt for the first one which is to import using a file. Upon Clicking this button it should bring up another window. Navigate to your exported playlist folder and WAIT? WHAT? Your playlist files aren't there?!?! It's okay don't panic. In the window select that you would like to look for all files instead of "Custom Files". Your playlist should appear and you should select it.

Step 6: Confirm your tracklist. Name your playlist. Then select Spotify when it prompts you. Viola! It should begin transferring.

Note that Soundizz is not perfect and you should expect a song or two not to transfer. It will tell you which songs have not transferred to Spotify when it is finished so you can go back and manually add the remaining ones. Also do not panic if your playlists do not show up at first. It takes a minute for them to go through, just be patient.

Hope this helped!

EDIT: upon further review, I noticed that Spotify is god awful at trying to find weird niche indie artists so I only recommend using this if your playlist is full of generally "mainstream" music.
Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:30:09 PM by Nave239