Author Topic: Hybrid view Albums / Tracks  (Read 28453 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The issue persists with the new version.
yes i know. It should be fixed now though

redwing

Great! It fixed both issues including ungrouped tracks selection issue.

calderino

Hi,
I am hijacking this post to ask for a hybrid view between Tracks and Artwork, like in this image :

It should look like the "Collapse albums" option from the Tracks view, but when expanded it should show the Artwork view.

metrodub

Love this new layout, but noticed that even if you have your tracks tagged by disc #, there won't be a separation of discs unless there is a sub-grouping.

For example, the image below works as intended as the album has sub-groupings:

However, the album shown below does not space Disc 1, Disc 2, and Disc 3, even though the disc #s are tagged, but, instead, combines them.

Is it possible to change the logic so that if Albums have disc #s tagged there is a separation, as the list view does?

phred

• Global Moderator
Is it possible to change the logic so that if Albums have disc #s tagged there is a separation, as the list view does?
It's already does that. Unless I misunderstood what you're asking for...

Make sure you have 'track sub-grouping' set up correctly in the compact grid configuration...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Love this new layout, but noticed that even if you have your tracks tagged by disc #, there won't be a separation of discs unless there is a sub-grouping.
it should already insert a blank line if there is no sub-grouping and the disc changes.
So can you post a screenshot of the settings where its not working

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm loving this view!  Could we get middle-click functionality for the album title?  Maybe for year and genre, too?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

metrodub

@Steven:

@phred

It will do it if I select Disc # as the sub-grouping.  However, by doing that, it removes the subtitle sub-grouping.  In list view, there is a separation between discs even if a sub-grouping is not picked.

redwing

@metrodub;

You can use a virtual tag instead for sub-grouping tag that shows disc# when subtitle value is null.

metrodub

@redwing, thanks for the workaround.  I will implement that solution if Steven is unable to discover if it's user error vs something in the code.  Based on the list view logic and Steven's prior post, this should happen naturally.

doodlepapers

I didn't think MusicBee could get even better.. vaatimidona you're a god for suggesting this!

metrodub

So I was able to get the disc separation by setting track sub-grouping to null.  However, now, obviously, the Subtitle disappears.

Steven

• Administrator
I'm loving this view!  Could we get middle-click functionality for the album title?  Maybe for year and genre, too?
the abum sub-header now supports middle click

metrodub, your issue with blank sub-title grouping should now be addressed

fabulario

I'm trying to add the album rating in the album header and sub-header fields, but instead of stars, a numerical value is shown.
Is this the normal behavior?

Steven

• Administrator
I'm trying to add the album rating in the album header and sub-header fields, but instead of stars, a numerical value is shown.
Is this the normal behavior?
in the next update i have added star display support for the sub-header fields