Author Topic: "Manage Duplicates" - Automatically?  (Read 1600 times)

cokehearth

Hi all,

I do apologise if this has been asked before. I did a search through the forums, couldn't find anything, and came to the conclusion that perhaps my question might be very specific to my needs only!

So, I am a bit - how shall I put this - "anally retentive" about my music library and its organisation (perhaps because it's the only thing in my life that is organised, but I digress). One of the things I'm particularly fond of is having a nice rating system. It helps to make great automatic playlists, etc.

Now, if I'm listening to a song, say, Eurythmics' "Love is a Stranger"; and I rate it a solid five-stars (it deserves it), I like to know that all instances of 'Love is a Stranger' elsewhere in my library are rated five-stars too.

How I usually achieve this is by using the "Manage Duplicates" function (set to Artist & Title), save all the duplicates to a playlist, and then "highlight" songs that appear on said duplicate playlist; so that if I'm listening to an unrated song, I can rate it, and if it has a pretty pink marker, I know to go through and find all other instances of the song to rate it the same.

So my question is - is there a way, so that duplicate songs are found and highlighted automatically? I suppose like an automatic "Manage Duplicates" function that automatically adds them to a playlist? Or perhaps a work-around? Maybe even some kind of plugin that copies ratings across tracks with the same title and artist?

I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. I fear it might be a tall order!

Thanks for a brilliant piece of software and any help you might be able to give.

Cheers!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Now, if I'm listening to a song, say, Eurythmics' "Love is a Stranger"; and I rate it a solid five-stars (it deserves it), I like to know that all instances of 'Love is a Stranger' elsewhere in my library are rated five-stars too.

I could be proved wrong but I'm almost sure there is currently no way to do what you're asking!
I too can be a bit OCD about tags and ratings, so the only duplicates I have in my library are: Original Release, Radio Edit, Album Version, Acoustic and Remix. All are individually rated according to the amount of pleasure they give my ears..

Kind regards: Freddy  ???