Author Topic: Need help importing tunes previously used by iTunes  (Read 1190 times)

Nisko

iTunes has been completely removed from my computer by Revo Uninstaller Pro.  On my data drive, I have a folder called Tunes.  Within that folder are subfolders separated by artist.  These tunes have already been assigned to different playlists - but I don't know if the playlists can be imported also.  The Genres have already been assigned by me.  MusicBee has so many options that I need help importing my tunes.  There are over 4,000 tunes in my files.  Need someone to guide me.  Thanks in advance............

enecabe

As itunes is free, install it again.

To be able to import the music, you have to tell iTunes that you want to share the library.

ADVANCED / Share XML or something similar.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you would only need to reinstall itunes if you want to access the playlists, and that assumes you still have your itunes library sitting around. You may not, if the uninstall was that complete. Otherwise, just go to the wiki (see my signature) and look at the Importing page for how to load file in MusicBee. The tags you added with iTunes (genre, etc) should still be in the files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

OP is over a year old.  I hope he has it sorted by now.  ;D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
OP is over a year old.  I hope he has it sorted by now.  ;D

Lol, good catch
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)