Author Topic: Deleting Playlist error  (Read 1322 times)

ionel424

When i try to delete a playlist I have in my library i get this:

MusicBee v3.2.6601.36097 (Win10.0), 4 Feb 2018 23:35:

System.IO.IOException: The system call level is not correct.
   at #=zv9PCZfPBFUTssuIJbirQmmQVXOdw.#=zG4kuUhDzf36AMCpDDw==(#=z4lU28AM9Bjn7cpz4Pg== #=z9i3pCmc=)
   at #=zv9PCZfPBFUTssuIJbirQmmQVXOdw.#=zXyplupc=(#=z4lU28AM9Bjn7cpz4Pg== #=z9i3pCmc=, Boolean #=zeFoDMdSTmyWMX2n3Dg==)
   at #=zv9PCZfPBFUTssuIJbirQmmQVXOdw.#=z1Fy5r1IQmE1g(#=zLIECZdv5BKxQVDLhhV115KY= #=z00Ag5k4=)
   at #=zuBJ$ubCqynVpRtDsm7HphEU=.#=z1Fy5r1IQmE1g(#=zLIECZdv5BKxQVDLhhV115KY= #=z00Ag5k4=)
   at #=z7WU2hR$yqcVJWc3zSX2yXKc=.#=zby94iE0O59RzBq$gnA==.#=zlPZwtjM=(#=zLIECZdv5BKxQVDLhhV115KY= #=z00Ag5k4=)
   at #=zLIECZdv5BKxQVDLhhV115KY=.#=zlPZwtjM=()
   at #=zZuvG1PMNG5dX2plKP2g$lmT76Yxe.#=z1Fy5r1IQmE1g(Control #=zTdwcFPQ=, #=zLIECZdv5BKxQVDLhhV115KY= #=z00Ag5k4=)
   at #=z5th9jMzBnQalRWDd2SOpFW$lc41K.#=zV6BzXXkWeKXX.#=zLwU5bM9r5xG6()
   at #=z5th9jMzBnQalRWDd2SOpFW$lc41K.#=zV6BzXXkWeKXX.#=zUPDVkGcBoDpzfEO$Bg==(Object #=zWkn7$Kc=, EventArgs #=zB$AeBj4=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'll leave the settings file here too

I am sorry if this has been reported before

Steven

• Administrator
strangely someone else reported the same a little earlier. What security software are you using and do you have MB set as an exception?

ionel424

I only use windows defender.I didn't think of adding musicbee to the exceptions list.I'll try it tho

EDIT:I did add musicbee folder to exclusion list on windows defender but the error still appears.May I add that the error only occurs with a specific playlist.It doesn't happen to all the playlists.

I indeed saw that a few people reported a bug with deleting/creating playlist but i noticed I get a different error so i thought it's a different problem.
Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:08:31 PM by ionel424

Steven

• Administrator
what is the full path of the playlist
if it exceeds 260 characters then thats all i need to know

edit:
for the >260 char filenames, these cant be deleted to the recycle bin so MB now directly deletes the file
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:19:08 PM by Steven

ionel424

Sorry i didn't respond sooner.The full path of the playlist isn't long
C:\Users\calit\Music\Soundtracks\Playlists\aux.mbp
I also installed the updated version and it still shows that error.I can delete the file from explorer but If maybe you want to try to find what's the problem I'll leave it there

Steven

• Administrator
Nothing unusual about that path. I guess its some sort of corruption within windows itself.
I have made a change such that if deleting to the recycle bin fails, then MB will revert to the standard unrecoverable delete instead.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

ionel424

I might have rushed a little when I said I can delete the file from explorer.As a matther of fact when i try to delete the file it says "Item not Found This is no longer located in *insert path here* Verify the item's location and try again".After I extracted the patch it worked.Thanks