Author Topic: Question re the mbp playlist display header/banner  (Read 2897 times)

sveakul

I finally updated to 3.2 yesterday and with that decided to begin using the mbp playlist format internally instead of m3u as I had chosen during my 3.1 usage.  The first thing I noticed upon importing a new playlist was the wide title banner with the embedded image, LARGE playlist name, and nice tinted bacground.  This is cool, but I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere I've missed that could control it's format--for example, making it narrower, or not using an embedded image at all as opposed to just changing it.  Or is this skin-dependent (I use Maya Blue from Dark-Fine Tuned)?

Cosmetics question aside, I love the increased flexibility over m3u and can't believe I waited so long to go with mbp.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can have the Playlist Header on or off. There's no other configuration as to format, location, appearance, etc.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Thanks phred!  But, where is that on/off setting?  Man I've looked but I must be missing something obvious.

phred

• Global Moderator
In any view in the main panel, click on the descriptive header (in this case "Albums" and then check, or uncheck, Show Playlist Header:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Success!!  I was using the Tracks view, and I swear that I must have dropped that menu a dozen times and only "Hide Header Menu" appeared on top.  Switched to Album & Tracks, then Album Covers, and BANG, "Show Playlist Header" appeared!  Switching back to "Tracks" view kept the "Show Playlist Header."  I was inside the Arrange Panels menu a few times when I was trying to figure things out originally, so I may have saved something there that made a difference.  Of course it's also entirely possible I just "missed the obvious" too, haha.. :-[  

Anyway, thanks phred for sorting it for me.

phred

• Global Moderator
No problem. I had asked the same question when I first saw the new header. And then again a month or so later when I couldn't remember where it is/was. Now it's imprinted in whatever is left of my brain.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
if the playlists are viewed from the left navigator there isnt a way to hide the header so i will do something for that

phred

• Global Moderator
if the playlists are viewed from the left navigator there isnt a way to hide the header so i will do something for that
FWIW - I always launch my playlists from the left navigator and once I disable the playlist header, it never shows again unless I re-enable it(which is good.) And I can enable or disable it at will.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

If you move from a playlist node to music explorer node, both headers show up.

Also the custom placeholder image for artist in music explorer header doesn't get placed properly. Try with Dark Find Tuned skin and others.

Steven

• Administrator
If you move from a playlist node to music explorer node, both headers show up.
i cant reproduce that. Sorry to keep asking but could you send me your settings?

Steven

• Administrator