Author Topic: from iTunes on a mac, to MB on a PC. Empty playlists?  (Read 970 times)

viktormoon

hi guys,

just say bye to mac and are now running windows as back in the days.

.. and now i'm having a bit of trouble.
i exported my library from itunes and transfered my entire itunes music folder to the external drive. i start up MB and direct it to the library file. it reads all playlists and everything seemed fine, until i saw that all the playlists are empty.

tried to dig around a bit, but i can't seem to find a solution for this exact issue.

frankz

How did you transfer your files? From within MusicBee or manually?  Because if you transferred your files manually, your exported library is looking in the wrong place for them.  Your exported iTunes xml has them referenced at the old location and that's where you told MusicBee they were, but then you moved them.

EDIT: I just reread your original post.  You went from iTunes on a MAC to windows with an external drive and expected that to work out of the box?

If your folder structure is the same, you might be able to use the File->Library->Remap Music Folders to remap your base music directory from the way the files were originally referenced on the Mac to the way they actually are on the external drive now.

Your better bet might be to edit the exported XML and search/replace all the mac structure references to external drive references and then reimport to a new library.

If your playlists are m3u, you can edit the file references similarly.
Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:35:28 PM by frankz