Author Topic: Lockdown Feature  (Read 28670 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i've fixed the bug with non-skinned window borders
and locked the location bar
http://www.mediafire.com/?e6gxcamdud4zdzl

VX

Testing the new build and it seems all the concerns mentioned above are gone. Thanks, Steven for the great work  :)

I'd include disabling "ctrl+alt+del" as an option, as it was suggested.

Consider simplify the function name: if not "Party View", maybe "Locked View" would be better ???

Steven

• Administrator
i was reluctant to use Party View as that implies just the one use for this function when i can imagine some people might want to use it once they have their library sorted out and only want to use the player functions.
For the ctrl-alt-del its not just a simple case of trapping the keys and i havent found a straight-forward way to do it (apart from putting a registry entry to disable the task manager but i dont like that sort of thing as if MB crashed it would leave a permanent change)

ild2

In locked fullscreen mode with native window borders the window can be moved aside by dragging the titlebar. Maybe just force skinned borders for lock mode...

Sarge

I like the feature "as is" I don't think a need to disable Ctrl-Alt-Delete is necessary, Like Steven Mentioned, the need may arise for the task manager.
And Also I think calling it "Lockdown...or any variation of that..just challenges the idiots. The mentality of.."OK let's see how good it's locked".
How about something like "Play Only View" ..or "Playlist Only"
This also would not encourage someone to try and ' UNLOCK" anything

Steven

• Administrator
In locked fullscreen mode with native window borders the window can be moved aside by dragging the titlebar. Maybe just force skinned borders for lock mode...
thats fixed for the next update

VX

Steven,
the problem with native window borders is still present in MB 1.2.4039.

Steven

• Administrator
how are you moving the window?
i cant move it now using the mouse to drag the caption bar when its locked on fullscreen

VX

I can move it with mouse using the top window border, when moved I can even decrease the window with the side borders too.

Steven

• Administrator
i might have to admit default on this as i realise now the solution i did will only work for XP
i'll see what i can do

VX

Perhaps set Skin Window Borders enabled in Locked View  ???
Works for me on Win7 64 bit.

Steven

• Administrator

VX

The last one fix works for me on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks  :)

Let's hope the feature implementation has been completed yet.

Steven

• Administrator
Let's hope the feature implementation has been completed yet.
i dont understand what you mean. The functionality is completed for what i intend to do for now

VX

"The functionality is completed" - I'm glad to hear that  :)
It's perfect for me, so I hoped it won't be more issues and bugs.
Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:03:10 PM by VX