Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104692 times)

derTyp

By any chance, could it be that you have not enabled 2-factor authentication for your discord account? If so please enable it and try again

heyman111

By any chance, could it be that you have not enabled 2-factor authentication for your discord account? If so please enable it and try again

I activated 2FA and I can find the method now, with the long string following it. Anything else I should do now?

heyman111

My hopes are that the plugin works now.

Oh yeah I see the play/pause/stop/mbicon assets on the developer page. No album art uploaded yet but I guess it takes time with the delay. Thanks for the help

heyman111

I noticed it wasn't uploading album art, so I restarted both Discord and Musicbee. A few minutes pass and I look at the developer page and it seems to have uploaded the musicbee assets again (play, pause, icon etc) and still no album art. Should be noted all my art is embedded in the .flac files but I dont think that should matter

Its uploading albums now too
Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 11:55:31 PM by heyman111

Shingo

Ooh I've been waiting for this. Thanks for the release!

Does it work for you?

Yes, though it takes a while to upload and load each asset, but that's a limitation with Discord's API. I suppose there's not much that can be done in that regard, except maybe triggering a cover art upload for a few of the upcoming tracks in the playlist too, other than the currently playing one, to make some sort of a short term cache. But I have no idea if that's even possible.

SonicRings

Mine hasn't uploaded a single artwork either, and I played music for well over 6 hours.

I think the better solution would be to just let us choose which 296 album arts to use, since that would also avoid discord flagging our accounts with excessive api calls (deleting old artwork to upload new ones). Less risk, less unpredictability.

heyman111

Mine hasn't uploaded a single artwork either, and I played music for well over 6 hours.

I think the better solution would be to just let us choose which 296 album arts to use, since that would also avoid discord flagging our accounts with excessive api calls (deleting old artwork to upload new ones). Less risk, less unpredictability.

Totally agree with this suggestion. It would be great to somehow be able to choose only specific albums to have art on.

SonicRings

Totally agree with this suggestion. It would be great to somehow be able to choose only specific albums to have art on.

I actually made an issue requesting this on Github but it was closed with yesterday's update even though yesterday's update was not what I suggested: https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/87#issuecomment-936321129

kilo

I stick to version 3.0.5977 of MusicBee for compatibility with a skin I use, but the latest version of DiscordBee right now (2.02) doesn't work it; AKA Discord displays nothing. What's the best DB version for my MB version? (I also don't know how to tweak to config file)

hiccup

I stick to version 3.0.5977 of MusicBee for compatibility with a skin I use, …
It must be a very special skin that it makes you stagnate with a five year old version of MusicBee.
Out of curiosity, which skin is it?
It may make sense to try and contact the developer of it and see if he is willing to update it.

kilo

Burnt Orange, though I have it recoloured to be magenta.

And do you mean I should contact the creator through the Github page's forums? Or would it be better to send a DM on here, I wouldn't know.

hiccup

Burnt Orange, though I have it recoloured to be magenta.
I happen to have a repository of old skins, and this Burnt Orange works fine for me on MB 3.4
So I am not sure why it doesn't work for you.
But I do notice that it's dependent on a skin called Crimson that also needs to be present in the same skin folder.
I am guessing that if you copy 'Crimson' to the same skin folder as 'Burnt Orange' in your 3.4 install it will work fine.
Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:34:49 AM by hiccup

kilo

Your suggestion worked! Went back up to 3.4.7805 with Crimson in the same folder ("Dark-Fine Tuned" FTR) and now it works flawlessly; aside from DiscordBee still not working :c. I could only guess I'm missing files in the plugins folder from all the tinkering I did with this.

Spoot

Thanks for making this! Cover Art definitely still has some problems appearing but it's fine..