Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 105702 times)

joameba

I found this thread after installing DiscordBee and only seeing "Now Playing MusicBee". The fix is to make sure both apps are launched in Administrator mode. Most people will already be launching Discord in Admin mode as some features are crippled without it. Do the same for MusicBee and it is fixed:

thank you! after months with this problem, you were the only one giving a good solution :D

ruben1515

I found this thread after installing DiscordBee and only seeing "Now Playing MusicBee". The fix is to make sure both apps are launched in Administrator mode. Most people will already be launching Discord in Admin mode as some features are crippled without it. Do the same for MusicBee and it is fixed:

thank you! after months with this problem, you were the only one giving a good solution :D
Doesn't fix the issue for me unfortunatelly :(

MegasXLR

• Music Lover #1 <3
Just wanted to drop by and say that this module is the reason I tried and stayed on MusicBee which I then liked very much so thanks :)

I love rock/metal/pop but don't mind any other music genre except чалга...that thing sux
I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

lucytea

Would it be possible to toggle the MusicBee logo off completely? It doesn't feel very relevant to me, and removing it would leave more room for the other text to be wider.
I can see someone in a public server playing Spelunky 2, it has no icon but still seems to use rich presence (it says "spelunking"), so I'm guessing it's possible?

I saw you mention this about another plugin, but that repository is gone. This sounds like getting rid of the logo may free up another text line even? Sounds handy if so, but I realise this is a more complex level of customizability I'm talking about.

The Plugin you mentioned is not displaying the album in the presence text fields (it is using the image text for this).
EDIT: Found a copy of that repo (here), it doesn't seem to display very differently at all, based on the screenshot in the readme? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but that idea sounds like a dud. Either way, no logo would still be lovely.
Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:37:34 AM by lucytea

derTyp

Would it be possible to toggle the MusicBee logo off completely? It doesn't feel very relevant to me, and removing it would leave more room for the other text to be wider.
I can see someone in a public server playing Spelunky 2, it has no icon but still seems to use rich presence (it says "spelunking"), so I'm guessing it's possible?

I tried it in the simulator (this is some online presence emulator in the Discord Developer Portal) and if no image is selected it would display the Discord logo. I will try this with the real plugin again to be sure.

I saw you mention this about another plugin, but that repository is gone. This sounds like getting rid of the logo may free up another text line even? Sounds handy if so, but I realise this is a more complex level of customizability I'm talking about.
The Plugin you mentioned is not displaying the album in the presence text fields (it is using the image text for this).
EDIT: Found a copy of that repo (here), it doesn't seem to display very differently at all, based on the screenshot in the readme? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but that idea sounds like a dud. Either way, no logo would still be lovely.

I am pretty sure that if it's possible to remove the image (which seems to be not the case) it would not add a text line. And as far as I remember this quote was in context of changing which fields are displayed and maybe cut off, which has been fixed by providing the layout settings. All text fields that are available can be set there, even the image alt text for the logo.

I would really like to offer more customization and a more music focused integration like the Spotify one but Discord is very restrictive on whats possible with the Rich Presence API. Since they moved their issue tracker  from Github to their own site it seems like they even care less about requested features (there are many more Developers that wanted to display custom images for example).

lucytea

I've found an open source (GPLv3) plugin for an unrelated program which implements rich presence with no icon. Maybe this would be a useful reference?
https://github.com/leMaik/chunky-discord

I guess there's no guarantee it can be toggled - this might require no logo uploaded at all, or something similar.

ImFilippo

Hi, is there a way to change the musicbee icon in the discord status (i'm referring to this)

jWaSiMhE

I'm getting the "Unable to initialise plugin - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." error even on a clean install of Windows then Musicbee.

I've tried running both Discord and Musicbee as admin to no avail.

Is there a fix for this yet? I loved this feature until my SSD went and I had to reinstall a fresh Os on a new drive.

lucytea

thanks, i will take a look
I was able to make this work by simply commenting out the contents of SetImage(name) and compiling. That would presumably be pretty easy to add a toggle to?
Discord's documentation does claim that all fields are optional.

avjeferson

Absolutely love your work. The only improvement i could suggest is the ability to change icon displayed on discord depending on the current song playing (Embedded into the song). And the default Music bee icon when its absent. Would love it if the album art had a tiny Music bee logo at the corner. Then again its absolutely amazing just as it is now too :)

derTyp

thanks, i will take a look
I was able to make this work by simply commenting out the contents of SetImage(name) and compiling. That would presumably be pretty easy to add a toggle to?
Discord's documentation does claim that all fields are optional.

Sorry I totally forgot about this, it is now tracked by https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/68 and will most likely be in the next release together with an updated MusicBee API to support more virtual tags.

Absolutely love your work. The only improvement i could suggest is the ability to change icon displayed on discord depending on the current song playing (Embedded into the song). And the default Music bee icon when its absent. Would love it if the album art had a tiny Music bee logo at the corner. Then again its absolutely amazing just as it is now too :)

Album art is still not possible unfortunately. This is because of restrictions by Discord and is not fixable by me. I know about some "workarounds" but those involve much work for the user and possibly violate Discord TOS. Maybe I can come up with a better solution some time in the future but currently its not possible.

teddyweddy

I had some trouble getting this plugin to show up in discord, i tried the run as administrator trick and that makes it work! But whenever I'm running MusicBee as an administrator it's unable to access all of my music which is on a network share. None of my mounted drives seem to show up in Music Bees interface whenever its in administrator mode.

Found a fix for this in case anyone has a similar issue.

Open the registry editor (regedit.exe);
Go to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System;
Create a new parameter (DWORD type) with the name EnableLinkedConnections and the value 1
Restart and you should be able to use network drives in elevated privileges.

Found here but it's better to post it here too in case that website stops existing.
Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 05:57:04 AM by teddyweddy

reynardlee

any fix for this yet?

I suspect this is caused by some incompatibilities with another plugin, but this is just a guess. Can you please take a look at the error log that has been mentioned before. Also try to disable or delete all other plugins in the plugin folder and see if DiscordBee gets loaded in this case.

I suspect this is caused by some incompatibilities with another plugin, but this is just a guess. Can you please take a look at the error log that has been mentioned before. Also try to disable or delete all other plugins in the plugin folder and see if DiscordBee gets loaded in this case.

Hi! I just downloaded MB today and tried to install DiscordBee, and came upon the same error. My discord is ran in admin mode, so I tried running MB in admin as well, still didn't work out. I didn't download any other plugins, but there are some that came with the MB download. The steps I did was, unzip and copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins, and try to enable it in MB. (MB version 3.4.7805)

Here is the error log:
Code
6/20/2021 2:03:35 PM - 10.0.19042.0 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at DiscordRPC.DiscordRpcClient..ctor(String applicationID, Int32 pipe, ILogger logger, Boolean autoEvents, INamedPipeClient client)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Initialise(IntPtr apiInterfacePtr)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at #=zlFwaJ1S_oYR_8J8laA==..ctor(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zMbi_FLA=)

Thank you in advance!
Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:27:05 AM by reynardlee

derTyp