Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104659 times)

Mattheww

This app stopped working for me after a discord update. Is anyone else having this issue?

johnmillsjr

This app stopped working for me after a discord update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mine's still going.

Is the plugin still enabled in your settings?

badomen24

This happened to me as well. I had to remove MusicBee as a game in Discord and then re-add it, restarted Discord and MusicBee and it seems to be working again.

joameba

I have this problem too! did what badomen24 do but without success

https://imgur.com/a/POdVBxT

I have the latest version of everything, any ideas?

Turk

Has Discord been updated or something? I've spent FAR too long trying to find this elusive "Add Game" option in the settings of discord clicking every option at least 20 times and "for the life of me" I can NOT find "add game" anywhere, I can add steam, twitter or whatever only because there is an option for it.

I've clicked my profile in chat, the cog in the bottom left next to the mic/headphones icons next to my name - basically just where the f is this option?

Its driving me flippin mental.  :-[

Plug in is installed fine, it opens etc.

p.s. screenshot would begreatly appreciated of where exactly in discord this add game option is.

TIA

it's not done by adding musicbee to steam as a game is it? nah there's no mention of that in the instructions....  :-X

joey181101

randomly stopped working no reason whatsoever.
uninstalled the plugin and cant reinstall just comes up with this meaningless error.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678484684237176854/724424678772310031/unknown.png

phred

• Global Moderator
uninstalled the plugin and cant reinstall just comes up with this meaningless error.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678484684237176854/724424678772310031/unknown.png
Your screenshot shows that the plugin hasn't been enabled.
Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:51:21 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

joey181101

Your screenshot show that the plugin hasn't been enabled.

Are you trying to wind me up?

I clicked Enable and that is the error that came up, it is infact NOT enabled. It would be highlighted in gray not blue. The blue indicates that I just clicked it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678484684237176854/724485923705978890/unknown.png

I can't even uninstall it now, it just stays there. Nice coding :P
Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:52:09 AM by joey181101

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you trying to wind me up?
No, not at all. I asked because it wasn't clear to me what steps you had taken. And enabling a plugin is sometimes overlooked.

I can't even uninstall it now, it just stays there. Nice coding :P
Close MB and go to your plug-ins folder and delete the dll. Then restart MB and the plugin should no longer appear.

You should also look at the Error Log (Help > Support > View Error Log) and see if there's anything there relating to the plugin. If so, copy and paste it here.

It might also be helpful to know what version number of MB you're using along with the installation type.
Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:52:22 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

pheerie

I found this thread after installing DiscordBee and only seeing "Now Playing MusicBee". The fix is to make sure both apps are launched in Administrator mode. Most people will already be launching Discord in Admin mode as some features are crippled without it. Do the same for MusicBee and it is fixed:

Based_phoenix

Show album covers in DiscordBee

probably requested before.
is there any way this could be implemented ?
Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 05:09:39 AM by psychoadept

phred

• Global Moderator
The author of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since mid-January. The project may be abandoned.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

derTyp

The author of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since mid-January. The project may be abandoned.

Fortunately I can correct you here ;). I haven't been active here because somehow the email notifications for new messages stopped working for me. Sorry for that.

I am in fact still maintaining this plugin but due to the aforementioned issue I was only active on Github and have only seen the issues that have been created there.

any fix for this yet?

I suspect this is caused by some incompatibilities with another plugin, but this is just a guess. Can you please take a look at the error log that has been mentioned before. Also try to disable or delete all other plugins in the plugin folder and see if DiscordBee gets loaded in this case.

phred

• Global Moderator

Fortunately I can correct you here ;). I haven't been active here because somehow the email notifications for new messages stopped working for me. Sorry for that.
Glad to see that you're still around and supporting the plugin.

For the record, there are issues with email notifications over the past month or two. Mostly that it's taking a long time from when a monitored thread has a new post to when the email is sent. I've seen it take about 24 hours.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki