Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 105688 times)

derTyp

if you would have read at least the last 8 posts of this thread you would have found the answer...

The variables are populated by musicbee, they are essentially the ID3 tags. For album art see https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/3 (in short: no its not possible)

blurr

Hi there,
I am having a weird issue where, whenever I start up MusicBee, the DiscordBee plugin appears to be disabled by default, despite my best attempts to have it enabled in my preferences. Also, after having enabled the plugin manually, I have to remove and add MusicBee from the games list in Discord for it to work again - Having to do this every time is kind of a bother.
Wonder if anyone has any ideas of how to fix this. I have tried reinstalling the plugin.

boroda

I see 2 disords plugins with the same name on 1st screenshot. this may the problem. try to delete 1 of plugins from mb\plugins folder.

blurr

I see 2 disords plugins with the same name on 1st screenshot. this may the problem. try to delete 1 of plugins from mb\plugins folder.
While I agree that there being two instances of the plugin in the MusicBee preferences is odd, the second screenshot shows all files related to the DiscordBee plugin, all of which come directly from the "DiscordBee-Release-1.2.1.zip" file from the download page on GitHub, so I don't think I have any unnecessary/duplicate files.

phred

• Global Moderator
Your second screenshot also shows two "mb_DiscordBee.dll" files. The ZIP I just downloaded from the first post in this thread only has one. I suggest you delete -all- of the discordbee files and start over. Make sure click 'uninstall' in the Plugins preferences first and then delete the files.

It also looks like the smaller of those two dlls is the config file, but the filename is different from what's in the ZIP. Hence the reason for suggestion you delete everything related to this plugin and start fresh.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

blurr

Your second screenshot also shows two "mb_DiscordBee.dll" files. The ZIP I just downloaded from the first post in this thread only has one. I suggest you delete -all- of the discordbee files and start over. Make sure click 'uninstall' in the Plugins preferences first and then delete the files.

It also looks like the smaller of those two dlls is the config file, but the filename is different from what's in the ZIP. Hence the reason for suggestion you delete everything related to this plugin and start fresh.

The issue seems to be solved now that I actually uninstalled the plugin in the MusicBee plugin preferences, before simply deleting the files (whereafter the files were reinstalled). I also renamed the config file, which may or may not have had an effect. Thanks.

MashaScream

I know this has been asked before, however, regarding the icon: is the limitation due to MusicBee's way of handling the plugin?

I know that there's a similar plugin for foobar2000 which makes it so you can pick a custom icon to show in the discord app. Thanks.

On the side note this is a great one since the previous plugins I searched didn't work.

diljitdosanjh

Worked like a charm as expected, cheers!
Keep calm and listen to Punjabi songs while reading the lyrics along with them at lyricsraag.com

derTyp

I know this has been asked before, however, regarding the icon: is the limitation due to MusicBee's way of handling the plugin?

I know that there's a similar plugin for foobar2000 which makes it so you can pick a custom icon to show in the discord app. Thanks.

This is a Discord limitation.
Could you give me a link to the mentioned plugin, maybe the author found a way around this?

Dodonj

Hi, the plugin is loaded in musicbee and seems to be running but it isn't detected by discord. What should I do?

derTyp

Make sure you followed the install instructions, especially the part with adding musicbee as game in discord.

Also just to be sure, check whether you can open the settings of the plugin. If not then the plugin is not properly loaded or installed (make sure to copy the discord-rpc dll and the plugin).

McCovican

Hi, I don't suppose it would be possible for this plugin to use the "Listening To" prefix (like Spotify does - example below) instead of the game-centric "Playing" - or is that limited to Spotify itself? Cheers.

PS: Other small request: would it be possible to have an option to remove the "track <x> of <x>" section altogether, and to add line-breaks manually (I'd like to have artist, track, and album on separate lines)? No bother if you can't get any of these, just me being picky. Overall, I really love this plugin and appreciate the effort you've put into it. :)
Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:51:05 PM by McCovican

derTyp

There is an issue that tracks the request for the spotify like integration (https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/3), in short: this will most likely never be possible.

Line breaks are not possible as discord always correctly escapes them, this is kind of a security measure by them.

For disabling the track count, this is already possible. After looking at it this might actually be kind of a bug or at least an unexpected behavior.
The problem is that you cannot set one of the string fields in the settings to an empty string (e.g. the track field) if you do that it will be silently ignored (this behavior could be changed). You can however workaround this by setting the 2 track count fields to " " (space character) as this will be stripped and the track numbers won't be displayed in discord.

Dibony

hey,

some people still seem to struggle to implement it although the code works perfectly.

if you have the the windows app version try this.

1. Unzip the file.
2. Put it into your Musicbee Folder C:\Users\uncha\Music\MusicBee
3. edit preferences
4. add plugin
5. select mb_DiscordBee.dll
6. apply, save

That's all. Make sure you enabled discord to read it as a game and then it all works.

Thanks for the plugin.

MashaScream

This is a Discord limitation.
Could you give me a link to the mentioned plugin, maybe the author found a way around this?

I feel terrible for replying only a year later, however, here it is in case you're still updating the plugin. It still works like a charm to this day.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_discord_rich