Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104680 times)

wariostarx

So I found out that your plugin doesn't like songs with 1 character as song name, it won't display it. When I change the name to 2 character it does display the song, but when I change it back to 1 it keeps the previous name. When I play a different song first and then a song with 1 character as name, it will keep the information of the last song and keep counting from where I stopped that song instead of beginning again at 0:00. However certain songs with non-latin names that are 1 character do show up.

SoberSteven

I understand we can reconfigure the layout but I am wondering if there is a way to replace the track# field with the Year. Since there are two fields between the parentheses, I cannot get it to work. The best I could get is "(x year) of (x track count)" which is no good. When I input the Year and a field which I know none of my songs have information on ("Mood" for example), this erases the track field completely so I am only left with song name, artist and album. Is there something I can do to only have the Year in the brackets?

derTyp

This is most likely a Discord limitation as the fields used for the track number are intended for displaying a "party size" so this is normally set to 5 out of 10 players or something like that (more on this https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to#updating-presence).

I believe that discord simply ignores those fields if only one of them is set. So unfortunately I don't think that there is a way to workaround this. What should be possible is that you use the text field in the same row and just add the year at the end of the string.

JhowCEC

This plugin have an option to show the album cover of each track? It will be good!  :)

DownwidnRat98

Hi all, I'm having trouble with the plugin.

I installed everything correctly but the only thing that shows up when people click my name on the discord tab is
"Playing a game: MusicBee: # Minutes"
I've reinstalled everything repeatedly to see if its something with the apps or I added the plugin wrong, but everytime I do it repeats the same issue again.

I've added an image example if anyone's willing to help me out.

https://imgur.com/kTUyM0J

derTyp

This looks like the plugin is not loaded in MusicBee.
Please make sure you installed it correctly and it is listed (and not disabled) in the MusicBee Settings. Remember that the plugin doesn't work with the web client of Discord

If you think everything is correct please add a little more Information about your setup (e.g. MusicBee version, if its the windows store version, Plugin version)

Ping

Hi, is anyone else getting a problem where Discord can't see Musicbee? I was trying to get this plugin to work and only just noticed it.

I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 1809. Latest version of Discord and Musicbee (store version).

derTyp

This is most likely because the windows store apps in general are not picked up by discord.

However this should not be an issue, the plugin should work even when MusicBee is not registered as a game in Discord.

chainedupalice

Just made an account to comment on this, I love it. I only use Spotify for discovering music so that's a bit rare, and I needed something to show my music status for Musicbee, my primary app for listening to music. This is great.

One tiny suggestion, can there be another line that could show Album name like it shows on for spotify?

again, great job

derTyp

Unfortunately I am bound to the fields that Discord offers. It is not possible to add fields or change their data types (e.g. number vs. string). This is documented here: https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to#updating-presence-update-presence-payload-fields

ahmedhara

How can I replace the MusicBee picture with the album art. The Artwork variable that's suppose to do that is nothing but the path to the artwork, it doesn't actually display the image in discord. Is there a way to display the album art or no?