Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104662 times)

yin

I've been using this for a while and I love it, but when the artist + song name is too large, it cuts off like this:

Do you have any plans on making it scroll like Spotify does (if it's even possible?)

Thanks!

I would like to implement this but currently this is a feature request at Discord (https://github.com/discordapp/discord-rpc/issues/146). It is not possible to do this in the plugin, so you have to wait for Discord...

Anyway the screenshot does not look like my plugin, are you sure this is the right thread? Because I am not cutting of song names, only album (see below)

maybe the dev can change it so the song title is at the top and the artist is at the bottom
i use a different discord plugin (https://github.com/wiiblob/mb_DiscordRichPresence) and i think it looks much cleaner that way.

anyone knows if these plugins are able to pull cover art from last.fm or musicbrainz, instead of showing the musicbee icon?

The Plugin you mentioned is not displaying the album in the presence text fields (it is using the image text for this). I tried to display as much data as possible in the given fields and decided that the album is the least significant one, that is why it is in the position that currently gets cut off.

For pulling images, there is an issue (https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/3) for this, unfortunately this also requires changes from Discord.

Oof, sorry about this, I was sure this was the same plugin because the version was the same. I had no idea there were 3 different plugins for it!

I'll be getting yours now, thanks for the help!

shinydark

Thank you very much, works like a charm!
But can we get an option to change the layout?
I for example would like to show only the title of the song in the first line and only the album in the second line.

derTyp

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about doing this a while ago. I created an issue to track the progress https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/5

WarReady

Thank you :)   :o  :D  ::)  :-*  Hope this gets perfected soon. going to try it out now. Tried it and it's awesome. I prefer the "BadAss" Icons from jmoss90 though. 
Too bad we cant just copy how Spotify displays its music to the discord status... that would be great.... I mean we should be allowed and let discord pick all the necessary information from musicbee ...

maybe if we an get Discord to treat musicbee as if it were spotify and not just a game? you know? Make Musicbee look like spotify somehow? I dunno. Just an Idea. It's not like I know how complex that would be? But I can imagine you'd have to identify which files interact with discord and then seeing what do with them to bridge them to musicbee?
Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:21:07 AM by WarReady

derTyp

maybe if we an get Discord to treat musicbee as if it were spotify and not just a game? you know? Make Musicbee look like spotify somehow? I dunno. Just an Idea. It's not like I know how complex that would be? But I can imagine you'd have to identify which files interact with discord and then seeing what do with them to bridge them to musicbee?

The problem is that the spotify integration in Discord is completely different than every other integration they have. It is also entirely based on web services (its basically spotifies servers talking to discord) so there is no way to make discord think you are running spotify if you aren't. Even the album covers are hosted on spotifies CDN and not on discord servers.
I guess spotify payed a not so small amount to get integrated into discord and that might also be the cause for discord being so reserved about requested changes to make their official API more like the spotify integration.
But I can assure you that I try to be as close as possible to the spotify integration but I have to use the public APIs.

Perfume of a Nerd's Burning Flesh

• I listen to music[?]
Just wanted to drop by to say thanks for this plugin. Very much appreciated.
Forging towards the sunset!
Denying bitter reality!

ArachneNet

Hey, gotta say, I'm loving this plugin! It's great. I gathered from earlier posts in this thread that it's not possible to display the album-art of the currently playing song due to the way Discord handles this plugin. Yet I was wondering, sice I'm a big fan of modding the look and feel, if there is some way to edit the icon itself. I'm using the "BadassBee" Icons and I'd love to see a feature that would allow me to replace the original icon with the modefied one. Would this be possible? I'd love to know! Cheers!

derTyp

Sorry for the delay, somehow I didn't get a notification email....

Unfortunately it is not possible to add such a feature because of the way discord designed the underlying API that I use.

The pictures basically work this way:
   1) I upload a picture using my developer account through a web interface at discord (this is strictly non public access as it holds secrets, bot keys, etc.) and enter a descriptor (e.g. "logo"). And there is also a limit of 150 pictures per account.
   2) Then I can set a field in the request that is sent to discord for updating the status for your discord profile that corresponds to said descriptor.
   3) Discords servers parse the field in the request and look for the preuploaded picture with the corresponding descriptor, if such a picture is found it will get displayed in your client.

Unfortunately there is no way to allow the end users (every instance of the plugin) to upload pictures. I could however upload a "dark version" (e.g. badassbee) of the picture and let the user choose between those.
But don't expect this to happen soon as I want to finish the custom layout first. Also using pictures from someone might also have copyright implications (that's why I am using the official logo from the homepage repo).

derTyp

Just to let you know, I just finished the custom Layout stuff.

If somebody likes to test it you can install this pull request build and play with it.

If everything goes well I will release a new version sometime next week.

ArachneNet

Hi derTyp,

Downloaded the plugin and looking into it soon. Thank you for the clarification by the way :) explains a lot.

allavaz

Can we get an option to only show on Discord if it's actually playing music, like Spotify? For example if we pause it won't show anymore. Just a particular small feature I'm interested in.

derTyp

I guess that should be possible. I will consider adding this in the next release, but I wont do a release just for that so it can take a while until I get to implement it.
Github Issue: https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/12

Aealo

Hello, for some reason this plugin stopped working for me and just writes that I am playing MusciBee

EDIT: looks like reinstalling discord fixed problem
Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:38:02 AM by Aealo