Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104674 times)

derTyp

Hi,

I wrote a small plugin that uses the Discord Rich Presence API to display information about the currently playing song in MusicBee.
It is similar to the Spotify integration in Discord.

I used the MusicBee Logo from the website repo, I hope this is OK.

Edit: I have pushed a new version (1.0.1) that takes the discord API rate limiting into account when updating the status.

Download
Addon Page
Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:15:31 PM by derTyp

Steven

• Administrator

Diehorner

Hi,

I wrote a small plugin that uses the Discord Rich Presence API to display information about the currently playing song in MusicBee.
It is similar to the Spotify integration in Discord.

Works great, thanks Stefan ;)!

tyler

Great plugin! I really like this since I do not use Spotify.

Is it possible to use the album art of whatever I'm listening to instead of the MusicBee icon? I'm assuming no, but if it is possible I think that'd be really cool.

Thanks for a great plugin!

derTyp

Unfortunately this is currently not possible, because discord allows only preuploaded images to be displayed in the profile.

But I am working on a Fix for the Unicode bug, so a new version will come soon  :) .

Edit: Unicode fix is live in v1.0.2
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:43:19 PM by derTyp

Nokiaman

This reminds me of Windows Messenger having such functionality for WMP. Cool idea! :D

Stephanizzle

• I took apart my iPod Classic & fixed it myself

Hi there,
I have the newest version of Windows 10, with newest version of MusicBee App for Windows 10. For some reason I can't get the DiscordBee to work I keep getting this error code.  The codes posted on the plugins page is all inside my musicbee-plugin folder. How do I get the discordbee to work, it was working on the regular desktop version of MusicBee for windows I had earlier, but it wont work on the app for windows 10 :/
The Stephanizzle,
"Hip-Hop & Ya Don't Stop!"

derTyp

I tried to replicate this but for me it is loading.

What I did was:
  * Go to Musicbee Settings -> Plugins
  * Use the add Plugin button (top right)
  * Select the latest release zip of the plugin
  ** It displayed an error (something like "... Initialise method not found ...")
  * Restart Musicbee
  * Plugin should be loaded

Stephanizzle

• I took apart my iPod Classic & fixed it myself
Oh my goodness, thank you so much, my problem was i moved the contents to the folder on my own. Now it works thanks again so much!!!!!! :-*
The Stephanizzle,
"Hip-Hop & Ya Don't Stop!"

yin

I've been using this for a while and I love it, but when the artist + song name is too large, it cuts off like this:

Do you have any plans on making it scroll like Spotify does (if it's even possible?)

Thanks!

cptchi

I've been using this for a while and I love it, but when the artist + song name is too large, it cuts off like this:

Do you have any plans on making it scroll like Spotify does (if it's even possible?)

Thanks!

maybe the dev can change it so the song title is at the top and the artist is at the bottom
i use a different discord plugin (https://github.com/wiiblob/mb_DiscordRichPresence) and i think it looks much cleaner that way.

anyone knows if these plugins are able to pull cover art from last.fm or musicbrainz, instead of showing the musicbee icon?

derTyp

Thanks!

I would like to implement this but currently this is a feature request at Discord (https://github.com/discordapp/discord-rpc/issues/146). It is not possible to do this in the plugin, so you have to wait for Discord...

Anyway the screenshot does not look like my plugin, are you sure this is the right thread? Because I am not cutting of song names, only album (see below)

maybe the dev can change it so the song title is at the top and the artist is at the bottom
i use a different discord plugin (https://github.com/wiiblob/mb_DiscordRichPresence) and i think it looks much cleaner that way.

anyone knows if these plugins are able to pull cover art from last.fm or musicbrainz, instead of showing the musicbee icon?

The Plugin you mentioned is not displaying the album in the presence text fields (it is using the image text for this). I tried to display as much data as possible in the given fields and decided that the album is the least significant one, that is why it is in the position that currently gets cut off.

For pulling images, there is an issue (https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/3) for this, unfortunately this also requires changes from Discord.