Author Topic: DiscordBee - Updates your Discord status with Infos from MusicBee  (Read 104711 times)

ickyvickyspit

For months now, I've been having trouble with uninstalling the DiscordBee plugin. Before having the issue, I uninstalled it since the plugin stopped working so I thought a reinstall would fix my issue. Ever since, it just wouldn't leave the Plugin menu. It only shows as "disabled" even after spamming the uninstall button/removing the plugin files. (https://imgur.com/Ge7kODd). When I click enable, i get this pop-up (https://imgur.com/C5IdxwD). I've uninstalled and reinstalled Musicbee, no change. Is there any way to fix this?

sveakul

I'm not sure I completely understand the steps you've taken ("spamming the uninstall button" means what??) but first do a simple Windows File Explorer search for "mb_DiscordBee.dll" to see if the file remains in some other folder.  If so, delete it and restart MB.  If it remains on the plugins list, try re-installing the plugin manually, then hitting the uninstall button again.  If it's still on the list, and the plugin file is truly gone, there are other ways to remove the entry itself but first let's see what happens after the steps above.

ickyvickyspit

I'm not sure I completely understand the steps you've taken ("spamming the uninstall button" means what??) but first do a simple Windows File Explorer search for "mb_DiscordBee.dll" to see if the file remains in some other folder.  If so, delete it and restart MB.  If it remains on the plugins list, try re-installing the plugin manually, then hitting the uninstall button again.  If it's still on the list, and the plugin file is truly gone, there are other ways to remove the entry itself but first let's see what happens after the steps above.

Ive searched for the file on all my hard drives and found nothing. Ive also done as you said but nothing changed. It's still on the plugin menu, and it wont enable. (also, spamming the uninstall button means what it means, i pressed it repeatedly to see if it will remove the plugin from the menu, but it didnt)

sveakul

You can try manually removing the entry for the plugin in the MusicBee3Settings.ini file.  BACK UP THE FILE FIRST.

Open the ini in Notepad and find the section that starts with <SystemPlugin>.  Look down the list and find the entry that mentions mb_DiscordBee.dll--it will have its own sub-section that starts with <State> and ends with </State>.  Delete just that section, including its own preceding <State> and closing </State> entries.  Save the edited ini file, and restart MusicBee.

If that doesn't remove the entry from the GUI I'm out of ideas.

Steven

• Administrator
a plugin can be located in different folders depending on how its installed
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee
MusicBee installation folder\Plugins
delete from both locations

paxer07

I am running the latest verision of MusicBee (as of June 24th, 2021) and it says that I am unable to install the discord status plugin for music bee.

It was working fine before I reinstalled windows a few days ago.
This second screenshot is after I restarted MusicBee from the first screenshot and tried to enable the plugin.

ickyvickyspit

a plugin can be located in different folders depending on how its installed
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee
MusicBee installation folder\Plugins
delete from both locations

OH MY GOD THIS WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

sveakul

OH MY GOD THIS WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
I had believed what you said when you replied to my first post that asked you to do a File Explorer search with: "Ive searched for the file on all my hard drives and found nothing," or else we could have gotten there earlier.  Anyway, I'm glad you have it fixed now.
Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 04:59:20 AM by sveakul

reynardlee

Could you post a screenshot of your plugins directory?

sorry for the late reply! I have deleted everything but DiscordBee

sveakul

@reynardlee:  the plugin was probably already there but in a different directory, causing the error when you tried to install it again (see: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24336.msg192148#msg192148) .

Try deleting it from all locations (please do a Windows File Explorer search of the entire drive(s) if you are not sure where it may be), restarting MusicBee, and installing the plugin again.

reynardlee

@reynardlee:  the plugin was probably already there but in a different directory, causing the error when you tried to install it again (see: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24336.msg192148#msg192148) .

Try deleting it from all locations (please do a Windows File Explorer search of the entire drive(s) if you are not sure where it may be), restarting MusicBee, and installing the plugin again.

I have tried it, but I tried it again today.

HOWEVER, I managed to fix it. Initially, I copied the entire Folder into the plugins folder, somehow it didn't work, but today I copied the 4 files (without the folder) into the \Plugins folder, and it works now. I am not sure if It was the problem or not tho. I probably misread the installation steps (maybe i am dumb, im sorry  :-X ) Anyways, thank you all for your help!  :D

HWPrinz

Hi,
having the same weird behavior installing the plugin.
New Install of Musicbee (latest)
When 'Add Plugin' and selecting the zip file for DiscordBee, it says
'Unable to initialize the plugin: DiscordRPC.dll
Dll entry point: MusicBeePlugin.Plugin was not found'

...none the less, it copies it into the roaming plugin folder

then closing and re opening MusicBee
then shows the plugin enabled and active

After selecting 'MusicBee' as well as a game for the activity status in Discord, it finally works..

heyman111

Is there any possibility of https://github.com/maybeclean/musicbee-rich-presence
being implemented natively into this plugin? Basically, the plugin I linked to allows for artwork upload (around 300 albums or so).

It was raised as a github issue which explains it better: https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/87

derTyp

I am working on getting album covers supported using your own discord app. The basics are working but there are some major limitations on Discords side, mostly because this si not intended for automation.

My plan is to have a working version next week which will allow the use of the plugin with your own discord app id and it will handle the last ~300 albums that have been played, the oldest covers will be overwritten when the limit is reached, so you should never notice anything. I will provide a guide on how to setup the discord app and what the limitations are when I have finished implementing what I have planned.

heyman111

I am working on getting album covers supported using your own discord app. The basics are working but there are some major limitations on Discords side, mostly because this si not intended for automation.

My plan is to have a working version next week which will allow the use of the plugin with your own discord app id and it will handle the last ~300 albums that have been played, the oldest covers will be overwritten when the limit is reached, so you should never notice anything. I will provide a guide on how to setup the discord app and what the limitations are when I have finished implementing what I have planned.

Awesome, really looking forward to it!