Author Topic: Netease Lyrics: Retrieve lyrics from Netease Cloud Music!  (Read 20051 times)

CharlieJiang

Hi all, I'm Charlie Jiang.

This is another lyrics retrieval plugin. It can get synchronized lyrics from Netease Cloud Music(网易云音乐, a cloud music service in China).

It can combine the translation to the lyrics if available, like:
Blalalala(Original)
Alalalala(Translation)
is wrapped to: Blalalala/Alalalalala
etc..

But if you don't want this function you can disable it in plugin settings.

You could check out the latest document and version in the GitHub repo: https://github.com/cqjjjzr/MusicBee-NeteaseLyrics

To use this plugin, download it from links below:
For users who are not in China:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AicHZ6DLvCtX6Qp6KQfEppoQtjLG  
For users who are in China:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1ZL9dyrAczhPSMvMtvvG5yA?pwd=vede 
passcode: vede
Install(via "Add plugin" button) and enable it in the Plugin tab in the preferences.  
And adjust the retrieving provider priority of "Netease Cloud Music" in the Tags(2) Tab.

And this plugin is also useful for people who aren't from China as Netease CloudMusic also has bunch of songs in other languages. You can disable the translation in the plugin settings.
GitHub repo: https://github.com/cqjjjzr/MusicBee-NeteaseLyrics
Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:20:52 PM by CharlieJiang
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

AvikB

but you may get translation you don't like. in the coming version probably I'll add option to disable that.

yeah this would be great. Right now the translation is annoying :/

bingqicao

CharlieJiang

but you may get translation you don't like. in the coming version probably I'll add option to disable that.

yeah this would be great. Right now the translation is annoying :/

Updated :), just update and go to the preferences to disable
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

CharlieJiang

v1.3.0 release.
logs in the GitHub release desc.
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

kenn

I can see that now the plugin is version 1.4.0 and congrats !

but I just came here to ask why there's no option to turn off censorship. im listening to rap/hiphop and I just can see an enormous amount of censors kinda beats the purpose of the service. if songs have parental advisory on them probably the users are ready for badwords so why censor them with no option to dissable it.

also, most songs have wrong lyrics and some is just brutal specially with more popular songs while with some less popular ones, I can see that its either complete wrong or it came from musixmatch which is totally fine and maybe better but censorship is still there to ruin it. I recommend getting an assistance with google.com if y'all wanna do the lyrics manually

I can see that you did a lot of work for this plugin I totally appreciate and acknowledge that. I could say this is really cool on the surface but totally needs more work with lyrics and cersorship, either are equally bad and annoying good thing editing is there. atleast its just better than the original lyrics provider of musicbee

i could be wrong about anything that i said because i've only been using this plugin for a day but the flaws are just obvious. but i can see the potential of this plugin getting better keep it up guys  ;)

CharlieJiang

I can see that now the plugin is version 1.4.0 and congrats !

but I just came here to ask why there's no option to turn off censorship. im listening to rap/hiphop and I just can see an enormous amount of censors kinda beats the purpose of the service. if songs have parental advisory on them probably the users are ready for badwords so why censor them with no option to dissable it.

also, most songs have wrong lyrics and some is just brutal specially with more popular songs while with some less popular ones, I can see that its either complete wrong or it came from musixmatch which is totally fine and maybe better but censorship is still there to ruin it. I recommend getting an assistance with google.com if y'all wanna do the lyrics manually

I can see that you did a lot of work for this plugin I totally appreciate and acknowledge that. I could say this is really cool on the surface but totally needs more work with lyrics and cersorship, either are equally bad and annoying good thing editing is there. atleast its just better than the original lyrics provider of musicbee

i could be wrong about anything that i said because i've only been using this plugin for a day but the flaws are just obvious. but i can see the potential of this plugin getting better keep it up guys  ;)

Thanks a lot for using the plugin!

1. As for the censorship, actually I can do nothing to help that :( because the lyrics I get from Netease API are censored, so there's no option for that. 
2. Originally I have the plan to improve the music searching function, but sadly I have no more time for that :( Also, actually you could manually edit the lyric by editing it in the track details tab.
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

Tinidazone

thank you for the plugin. but I cant get the Chinese language out of the lyrics
but my concern is this.

I can see the lyrics there on the olive green rectangle  but I cant see them on the panels (red rectangle)
 by the way am using the Desktop Lyrics plugin of yours.

and can you make it to search lyrics for all songs that lyrics are not "LRC format"
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

phred

• Global Moderator
and can you make it to search lyrics for all songs that lyrics are not "LRC format"
The purpose of this plugin, as stated in the first post, is to find synchronized lyrics. LRC is the format used for synchronized lyrics. If you don't want synchronized lyrics, this is not the plugin for you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Coming from: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30610.msg199106#new

its up to the plugin author to make use of the skinned controls
If it's not too much trouble, do you think you can make use of these skinned controls? Thanks.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

CharlieJiang

A quick search brought me here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32292.msg177876#msg177876

If this method is the only way to enable skin on plugins, I'm not into it because it's a pretty dirty hack and it's undocumented.
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

phred

• Global Moderator
If this method is the only way to enable skin on plugins, I'm not into it because it's a pretty dirty hack and it's undocumented.
The comment and the code in the referenced link are from MB's developer. So I don't see what your objecting to. If you don't want to skin the controls, then just say so. Don't blame it on what you consider an undocumented hack.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

CharlieJiang

The comment and the code in the referenced link are from MB's developer. So I don't see what your objecting to. If you don't want to skin the controls, then just say so. Don't blame it on what you consider an undocumented hack.

Well, I'm fully aware that Steven is MB's developer. I don't see why you're so eager to correct me in an unfriendly tone :) If I really don't want to, I'll never bother to search the forum.

Steven mentioned that this was undocumented and "might work". For the combobox it's OK to call `MB_AddPanel`, but what about the checkbox?
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

hiccup

@CharlieJiang

Running your Netease Lyrics plugin dll (v1.8.1) through VirusTotal, it gets triggered by 12 antivirus engines saying it contains a Trojan virus:

Can you comment on this?