Author Topic: 'Smooth Grey' Skin Modified (Name Changed)  (Read 11327 times)

TurboMad

**** Now Changed to "Smooth Grey Colored" ****

Rotem K's Smooth Grey skin is one of the slickest MusicBee has to offer IMHO. It's been my favourite since discovering MB.
However occasionally I just want a bit of colour in my life, so I modified this skin to give me that and wanted to share with anyone that may be interested.

Thanks to Rotem K for the Smooth Grey skin and permission to "mess" with it!

Click on the Thumbnail for a larger view

Download SmoothGreyColored skin here
Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:44:29 PM by TurboMad

TurboMad

Update to SmoothGreyColored Skin

Skinned drop boxes
Skinned scroll bars

Download SmoothGreyColored-1.1 here

Note! I have used a different file name, so if you don't like the extra skinning, you can revert to the previous skin.
Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:45:01 PM by TurboMad

VX

I like the new skin, but IMHO it should be improved:

1. Make it dependent skin to keep up with the changes and enhancements in the main ("root") skin. The skin file will be much smaller since it would contain changed strings only and it would be easy to apply Your colour choices to any other main ("root") skin by changing the skin name in the file see  Reply #72 in the linked topic for more details.

2. Open Lyrics panel or Library Explorer with sorting other than Ratting stars and You'll probably find the green text hard to see on the grey background. The workaround is to make the green text darker or make the background clerical grey (darker).

I like the release number in the skin file name  :) I hope other skinners follow the example.

TurboMad

Thanks for the feedback VX
I was waiting for some comments to see what else I may have to do with the skin.
I'm using this as an exercise to teach myself skinning to produce a full skin.

I have been reading up on the "dependent skin" feature and I will do this.
I'll check out the other areas of the programme that I maybe don't use to tighten up the overall appearance.

The release numbering made sense to me, glad someone else thinks so also  :)

Sarge

Nice work Turbo..I took it for a test drive..............keep going on it.

TurboMad

Nice work Turbo..I took it for a test drive..............keep going on it.

Thanks Sarge.  :D