Author Topic: Sort order not remembered after restart  (Read 1027 times)

Skinjob

I'm not 100% sure if this is a defect or expected behavior.  I have two music library tabs pinned for the same library: Music and Latest Added.  Both are in Album Covers view, but Music is sorted by AlbumArtist+Year+Album and Latest Added is in Date Added (descending) order.

Once I set the orders in both tabs all works perfectly as long as MB is running.  However, once MB is restarted both tabs are in the same order - whichever one was last set.

This is probably a little more important to me than most users as I'm working on controlling MB with a FLIRC and Harmony remote.  Switching tabs is easy with the Harmony, but I don't think there's any easy way to access the sort order context menu, so it would be really nice if the sort order was remembered correctly in each tab.

This is with MB 3.1.6590.

Skinjob

Never mind - right after I posted it occurred to me to try creating a custom view for one of the tabs.  Now the Music tab is in the default Album Covers view, the Latest Added tab is in a custom view copied from Album Covers, and the different sorts are correctly maintained after a restart.

Sorry for the unnecessary post.  You can mark this "as designed" or "not going to fix" as far as I'm concerned.

redwing

Why not update to 3.2 if you're regularly using pinned tabs? It supports tab-specific layout which can be used in conjunction with custom views.

Skinjob

I see that it just got released yesterday.  Upgrading now.  Thanks!