Author Topic: Multiple Formats of same song added ??  (Read 1081 times)

Mikelap

What can i tick or untick to prevent this behaviour for example in an album i would have copies of the same song 2 ,3 or 4 times, one would be  Flac,other mp4, and also wma or mp3. Ive notices that all these tunes i have multiple of were added to  other players like ipod , ipod touch . So how to prevent this behaviour  ??? :-\  Thank you
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

frankz

I don't understand the question.  

Are you creating these separate file types to sync to your devices and then seeing them hang around unwanted in your library, or do you have these multiple versions on purpose to begin with only want a certain format to reside in your library?

If it's the latter, I keep my FLAC files in a separate directory from the files I import into my music library.  That's the most simple answer.

You can also select only certain types of files to import by going to File->Scan Folders for New Files, checking "Restrict scanned file types," and selecting which types you'd like to restrict.

I'm not sure how importing works or if it even happens in the former case because I don't transcode on the fly, but I don't think files transcoded on the fly get automatically added to your library so if that's what's happening something is likely going wrong there.