Author Topic: Can't rate album  (Read 1585 times)

Dimi

Hey guys,

I just did a new Musicbee install, and somehow I can't rate albums like I used to do in the past, like in the image bellow:

What's going on? In my previous install, all I had to do was choose the number of starts right beside the album cover. Now, the stars don't even show up when I click there.

Also, all my previous ratings aren't showing up, despite selecting the "save ratings to tags" option on my previous install...Guys, I'm really afraid to have lost years of ratings, even though they were supposed to be saved on the tags...  :'(

Can you give me a hand here? I'm sure I must be missing something.

All the best,

Dimi
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:32:17 PM by Dimi

Steven

• Administrator
the ratings need to be configured to display in the "Customise Panel" / expanded panel settings.

Dimi

the ratings need to be configured to display in the "Customise Panel" / expanded panel settings.

Thank you Steven, but which exact parameter I should add to allow me to do that?

I've tried adding "rating" and "album rating", but none of them allowed me to rate the album by simply clicking and dragging stars, like illustrated in the OP's attached image.

By the way, I used to do the same with individual songs (click and drag to add stars), and it's not working anymore.

As far as I remember, this was a default feature. I didn't have to configure anything to make Musicbee behave like that.

By the way, do you have any idea why my ratings aren't showing up, despite being programmed to be saved on the tags?

Thanks again,

Dimi
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:58:34 PM by Dimi

phred

• Global Moderator
Click on the main panel header (which from your screenshot should be 'Albums'.)
Customize panel > Show Settings... > show track rating
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dimi

Click on the main panel header (which from your screenshot should be 'Albums'.)
Customize panel > Show Settings... > show track rating

Allright, thanks phred. It worked to rate individual tracks, but I still can't rate the albums:

Steven

• Administrator
then you probably have set the album rating to be automatically calculated in the Tags(2) preferences

Dimi

then you probably have set the album rating to be automatically calculated in the Tags(2) preferences

Ha! Thanks Steven! That solved it! :)

Dimi