Author Topic: MB Will NOT Start  (Read 1039 times)

fenix1

OOOOK...got my Playlist problem fixed yesterday and NOW this morning MB will NOT start! Whitelisted it in the Exclusion folder in AVAST and to it's Hardened folder as well. Set the Shields Firewall to ALLOW MB. So, what gives? I just uninstalled MB and re-installed...nothing! Anyone have ANY ideas? I even Deleted the Skin that i chose last night before i uninstalled...no help. Cannot imagine what is causing this...worked perfectly last night!

Steven

• Administrator
Did you try uninstalling Avast and asking for a refund?
I gather you need to exclude MusicBee in the behavioral analysis settings

fenix1

I actually fixed it. I Whitelisted everything in Avast in the Exceptions, Firewall, and the Shields. Then i uninstalled MB, cleaned my Registry, ran Defrag, re-booted, then Re-installed. Works like a Charm! I want to take this opportunity to tell you that you my Friend are a Diamond amongst the Rocks. MusicBee is THE ultimate Media Player of ALL TIME! You have shown ALL the others how it's done! MB is absolutely Amazing! I've told all my friends on FB and elsewhere bout your' Program. The time, effort, and hard work you spent creating this Program must be unfathomable. You ever decide to go commercial with this you'll have a "goldmine" on your' hands. I'd buy it in a "heartbeat". Am a disabled Nam Vet and get a small check each month but next month will be sending you a little something. Thank you so much for what you do! MusicBee is a music lovers dream!

bocknobby

Am having same problem after using MB for many years. Am using AVG and have set MB as an exception. Registry et all cleaned and compressed. Still unable to start MB from any menu, as regular log in or admin.
Walking the planck, preparing to take a quantum leap

Neils

Don't know if this will help but had similar problem after upgrade to Win10 Creator, tried most things eventually stumbled on this that worked for me.
In Control Panel/Programs take option to "Run programs made for previous version of Windows"
Click "Next" to bring up list of installed programs and select MusicBee.
As I say worked for me.
Since then I have rebuilt PC and downloaded from the store and everythings works great