Author Topic: [Skin/Theme] Mini Player Border Color Connected to Main Player Icons?  (Read 220 times)

Eyedust

I'm currently working on a theme for my whole setup based on Dracula. However, I've run into a slight problem where PlayerFlat.Control.Default relates to two elements on the player; the border color of the mini player and the icon color of the main player. Because PlayerFlat.Background shares a relation between the mini player background and the main player controls background, these two cannot be the same color, else the icons in the main player will disappear.

The skin I'm using to make the theme is the latest January update of hiccup's Skin Sample. The reason I want the border color to be the same as my background color in the mini player is that I want to have the mini player blend into my taskbar, like so:

Is there any way to get around this? I'm not completely adversed to having a border, but it seems a shame that these two share a connection like this. I did take a look around the forums as well as make two separate searches as instructed in the pinned post, but I think this may be a fairly unique problem; I doubt many people want a blended experience (I'm just weird like that).

Ah, I think I found the answer after perusing the xml harder. I keep overlooking commented lines, sorry about that, but am I correct in assuming that I can create my own control buttons by adding in custom elements for, say, PlayingIcon.Default for example?
Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:55:13 AM by Eyedust

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...but am I correct in assuming that I can create my own control buttons by adding in custom elements for, say, PlayingIcon.Default for example?
More of yes and a bit of no.
You can create your own control buttons by creating a bitmap skin.
No, in the sense that an image element like PlayingIcon.Default will have no effect on the player panel.
That's only for display in other panels next to the playing track.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Eyedust

...but am I correct in assuming that I can create my own control buttons by adding in custom elements for, say, PlayingIcon.Default for example?
More of yes and a bit of no.
You can create your own control buttons by creating a bitmap skin.
No, in the sense that an image element like PlayingIcon.Default will have no effect on the player panel.
That's only for display in other panels next to the playing track.
Thank you! I did find the program after a bit of digging. It's still a bit confusing, especially because I'm building all my PNG files by hand (I didn't realize that PNGs had paths until recently). Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy making an all-encompassing theme for several apps that are loosely based on Dracula for astigmatic users. I have bright colored eyes and pretty bad astigmatism. This makes bright screens glaring, but bright text on dark backgrounds leave after-images while reading causing confusion, nausea, and migraines.

(Excuse my messy library, a lot of music comes from self-tagging tracks from old classic iPods I buy and restore with flash drives.)

The theme is called Alucard (A Logically Unsaturated Coloring of an Adjusted and Remixed Dracula). It'll probably be a long while before release, because I'm still really in the first learning stages of making schemes. I only have a bit of knowledge in ricing Linux and a semi-moderate knowledge of self-taught CSS. As you can see, I haven't gotten around to adding the buttons yet, but thankfully the Dracula theme provides the uncompiled source code to its XMLC to look at and help me figure things out.