Author Topic: Missing Artist Biography  (Read 3522 times)

alice88keys

I must say that MusicBee is becoming somewhat of an addiction for me, and after iTunes blew out my entire library, I am determined to keep my library as my own (these were always my own CDs and records beginning from 30 years ago). Steven, what you have done here is nothing short of genius. Thank you. It is well worth learning a whole new way to manage music at the tender age of #$%$.

I am starting with my Classical Collection, ensuring that the population of the fields are complete and consistent. I have been able to provide art from the internet, but my question is this: how can I populate missing Artist Biographies from the internet? (cut and paste)?

Please advise,

thanks in advance,
alice88keys.

Steven

• Administrator
you could edit the cached artist bio files:
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistData

<artist name>.bio.dat

Albert

Is InternalCache een verborgen bestand want dat kan ik niet vinden.

boroda

no. if you use portable mb then search it in <musicbee folder>\AppData\InternalCache

Nighthawk_NL

Hi Steven,

Since a few days I'm trying out MusicBee, normallly I use Foobar with the DarkOne 3.1 Skin from Tedgo.

I have a question about MusicBee.

I like to replace the English Biography text with Dutch text. Is this possible from within MusicBee or is the only way to edit the <artist name>.bio.dat ?

Best,

Paul

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator

Albert

According to the above instruction, I create a bio.dat file with notepad and place it in artist data. When I play the song I get the message: "no biography present!"
Furthermore, I also see that other artists create a simular file in addition to the bio file.
You can change existing bio.dat files.
What am I doing wrong and who can help me further?

Thanks in advance,
Albert

Steven

• Administrator
You may need to restart MusicBee to see the effect.
If you update to v3.2 linked above then you can directly edit the artist bio in MusicBee